Bridgewater expected to return to Saints, per Schefter [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Teddy's game has never been predicated on the deep ball. That's just not his strength. He's more of the cerebral, accurate type of QB. I think he's the perfect fit for what SP wants to do. Obviously SP feels the same way because he traded for him and now they're about to resign him.

We can win a lot of football games with Teddy Bridgewater as our starter. This is the first time I've felt that way about our back up. The Vikings struggled after that 2009 season. This is what they looked like before Teddy arrived:

2010 - 6-10
2011 - 3-13
2012 - 10-6
2013 - 5-10-1

In '14 Teddy came in and they finished 7-7. Teddy would be named the Pepsi Rookie of the Year. In '15 they won the NFC North going 11-5 and Teddy was named a Pro Bowler. It looked like the Vikings had the franchise QB they were looking for and the future was bright. Then tragedy struck.

This is good analysis on Bridgewater and his deep ball.

So you guys rather Teddy over Ingram?
Its not one or the other and that's never going to be the question. TB's salary has nothing to do with MI. The ONLY thing that will determine if we re-sign MI is his offers from other teams.

Like I said earlier in this thread, the Saints assign a value to their players and do not overpay. If MI is willing to fit into that valuation window, the Saints will find a way to afford him. Period. That is their business model. If he wants to take an offer that exceeds the Saints valuation, then they will let him walk.

To Everyone:
$6M is NOT what TB is being paid (or at least we don't know that yet). That figure is pure Peter King speculation. That is where the number came from. We don't know what he will sign for yet. Here is the comment that brought that number into play:
Teddy Bridgewater has a tough call to make. Sean Payton would love to have him back for Drew Brees insurance at maybe $6 million for the year. But if you’re Bridgewater, sitting in 2019 would mean you wouldn’t have played for four seasons.

So kinda chill people until we know the specifics of his contract and even if he signs. Everything is media speculation right now. Might be good, might not. We'll see.

Last edited:
My only problem with Bridgewater in his whole career from a pure passing standpoint... He has one game where it all came together. You can find whatever article trying to cover up faults, but at the end of the day... He has never cemented a complete game in the NFL. It's going on 5 years into his career. Mechanically, I have noted that Bridgewater is a great prospect, but it never comes together on film in Minn. Frankly, this happens with a lot of prospect. His lack of demand is an alarming issue. He is being marketed as a back-up QB where no one feels he is a starter. It rings a lot of truth. All I see a serviceable starter in an era of freak dynamic QB talent. Game Managers are kind of dead.

So you guys rather Teddy over Ingram?

Those 2 things are not related except when it comes to salary but if you're asking in regards to that then 100% yes. I would rather spend $6 million on our back-up QB whom CSP sees as his future starter than spend $6 million on our back-up RB who was once our starter.

This is good analysis on Bridgewater and his deep ball.

This is a fantastic article. Thanks for posting.

The point about Mike Wallace is also interesting. I watch every Dolphins game down here and Tannehill got the exact same criticism when Wallace was here. He leaves, and all of the sudden Tannehill becomes a very good deep ball thrower (his pocket awareness and decision-making is another story).

I always thought Teddy had plenty of arm strength and that article and videos prove it.

He said Brees' replacement was in the building and he said the thinks Taysom Hill could be an NFL QB. He never actually said Taysom was Brees' replacement.

I accidentally responded to the wrong person, I apologize. But teddy was not even on the team when he said that.

They made sure to mention how long they spent talking to Sean Payton about Hill. They added, “We’ve had two production meetings with Sean Payton … and he has spent more time talking about Taysom Hill than any other player on the roster.”

When asked about the future at quarterback for the Saints, Payton said, “He’s in the building.” If some Saints fans were not watching and you told them Payton said that, they would probably believe he was talking about Chase Daniel, but after seeing Payton’s heart gush over Hill, I’m more than sure he was referring to Hill.

I think the more recent quote about SP saying "I have my guy, his name is Teddy Bridgewater" is probably the most telling quote. That with resigning Bridgewater seems to indicate that he is the guy. Do we really know that anyone coming out in this year's draft or the 2020 draft is a better option then TB with 2 years in the system learning from SP and DB? I'm going to trust SP on this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom