Bridgewater in Seattle (1 Viewer)

Bridgewater will not win us a single game in Drew's absence (you can quote me on that)....

He is the total opposite of Drew... His reads are slow, his release is long and labored, his accuracy is not good, his pocket awareness and footwork are bad, and he holds the ball too long....

Taysom Hill (and his unmatched physical talent / running ability) is our only chance to keep this ship from sinking until Drew can come back (if he comes back)... of course, that won't happen because Sean is super loyal, and he will ride with Bridgewater all the way to "sucktown".

Taysom gives us the best chance to win... He's essentially the same player as Lamar Jackson, but in a Linebacker's body... Taysom opens up the entire offense, and gives you unlimited ways to inflict big plays on the opposing defense with his legs... Bridgewater is what he is... a middle tier backup QB with a long release and bad pocket awareness....

Prepare yourself for a long season Saints fans.

/ugh

Last edited:
No offensive line can protect for as long as Teddy holds the ball. He just cannot seem to make a decision. A receiver has to be wide open before he even attempts to throw the ball. And even then he seems to throw late such that the ball is behind the receiver or coverage has already reacted.

To put the Oline woes solely on Teddy holding the ball is disingenous. SP specifically called out that unit in his press conference with reason. To be sure, Teddy was unsure and hesitant on plays and his game speed was slow. I expect Sean and the coaches to shore that up in practice. But, we were getting beat up front routinely. Warford got beat. Peat got beat. Clapp got beat. Armstead got beat. McCoy had the bad block in the back on the TE screen. We did not play well up front and it wasn't solely due to Teddy hanging on to the ball.

Teddy hasnt practiced or played with ones since the third preseason game of 2016. Sean knows what he has in Teddy. He sees him everyday. I think doubters here may be pleasantly surprised a few weeks from now after Teddy has a few weeks of practicing with ones under his belt.

My main thought this morning is that I'm happy we get to see if Teddy is a possible answer for us. He'll likely have at least two chances to prove himself. If we will, great. If not, we'll have the film to make a good decision about him heading into next year. I'd rather this not have happened, but it likely avoids a unknowing what we have going into 2020 or 2021.

I want to see how a game goes with a full week to gameplan for not having Brees. I think the defense is going to step up to make games competitive.

I love the Saints and really, really, really hope the light comes on and Bridgewater lights it up 2TDs/275 yards and we win.

But my brain tells me with him holding the ball too long, Clowney is going to take his lunch money, eat his lunch, and take his girl all by the first quarter.

I’m guessing 5 sacks/180 yards/0TDs/1INT

Seattle 31 Saints 12

I want to see how a game goes with a full week to gameplan for not having Brees. I think the defense is going to step up to make games competitive.
They did yesterday for the entire first half, holding the Rams to two FG's.

But if the offense can't stay on the field long enough for them to even catch their breath, they won't be able to carry the team.

Sometimes you have to give credit to your opponent. Aaron Donald is a force. He disrupts on almost every play and opens gaps for his teammates.

Seattle doesn't have an Aaron Donald. Jarran Reed is still suspended and Ziggy Ansah is not yet cleared to play.

Teddy should be better this coming week but playing in Seattle is typically tough on non-elite QBs.

We are about to find out. Payton has no choice but to develop a game plan with TB and see how it goes. There would be possible loss of locker room if TH leapfrogged TB without TB getting his chance. The natural pecking order has to be allowed to occur. I personally don't think he has it but like I said we are soon to find out.

What happened yesterday was a guy thrust into action, and he was not prepared. Let’s hope this week he prepares better.
Why wasn't he prepared though? Do they not prepare the backup to go in on a moment's notice? If not, that's a serious coaching fail. I'm sure Teddy was in all of the meetings with Drew, so he should have been just as mentally prepared as Drew was, even if he didn't take a lot of snaps at practice with the ones.

Sometimes you have to give credit to your opponent. Aaron Donald is a force. He disrupts on almost every play and opens gaps for his teammates.

Seattle doesn't have an Aaron Donald. Jarran Reed is still suspended and Ziggy Ansah is not yet cleared to play.

Teddy should be better this coming week but playing in Seattle is typically tough on non-elite QBs.
Yet, somehow, we literally shut Donald out in both games we played them. IDK what was so different yesterday besides having a rookie center and Peat getting hurt, but he was getting beat routinely before going out anyway.

Once Brees went down, everything fell apart, even though the defense held them to just 6 points in the first half. They were just too gassed in the second half with the offense not being able to stay on the field long enough for them to rest.

Why wasn't he prepared though? Do they not prepare the backup to go in on a moment's notice? If not, that's a serious coaching fail. I'm sure Teddy was in all of the meetings with Drew, so he should have been just as mentally prepared as Drew was, even if he didn't take a lot of snaps at practice with the ones.
I think the difference between Teddy coming in, and a guy like say Mischew (sp) in Jacksonville coming in is that Teddy is a vet, and so he is less of a wild card, and more reserved. Meanwhile a young qb is naive enough to think that he can do anything, and he will play off the cuff more.

This week Teddy needs to loosen up, and not play with a stick up his butt. If he can do that perhaps we will see the Teddy “Two Gloves” that we all wanted to see the Saints trade for last year.

This week Teddy needs to loosen up, and not play with a stick up his butt. If he can do that perhaps we will see the Teddy “Two Gloves” that we all wanted to see the Saints trade for last year.
He better, or we have no chance to win. The OL needs to step their game up as well, especially since it isn't Drew they're protecting. Cook needs to remember how to catch. The defense will be just fine as long as they have long enough to drink a tiny cup of Gatorade on the sidelines before going back on the field.

Teddy is better than you think. Can't judge what happened after Drew went down...Sean made that clear.

Teddy is a winner. I'm sure he isn't happy that his friend and mentor has fallen to injury, but he will be ready after a week of prep. I think he is going to have a great game.
Sorry, but what I saw from Bridgewater yesterday was exactly what I saw in preseason. Someone who seems to be totally unsure, poor reads, can't go through progressions, bad throws, and holds on to the ball too long. I agree not all of it yesterday was his fault but he did not look good. I hope you're right because there will be a lot of calls for Hill to start as he totally outplayed Bridgewater in preseason games. On the telecast Aikman kept repeating how Payton has said Hill is another Steve Young. Can anyone confirm if Payton actually said that? Aikman then was quoted as saying, "well if thats the case, then Hill should be starting". I tend to agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom