Bridgewater in Seattle (1 Viewer)

I'm willing to bet we end up seeing a true 2 QB system this week if we have enough healthy receivers. Hill has already taken plenty of snaps at QB in real games, so just bump that up and give him the opportunity to throw the ball in the pocket without it always being RPO and we could catch Seattle napping not having really prepared for that game plan. The worst thing Payton could do is come out and say he's going to play both QB's though. I doubt he'd tip his hand like that and will keep saying TB will be the QB this week.

Sorry Teddy lovers, it’s only a matter of time before Taysom is starting.

I don’t get this sentiment; like we have to divide ourselves into player camps. Why wouldn’t all Saints fans be pulling for every player on the team?

If Taysom surpasses Teddy on the depth chart, then I hope he goes out there and lights it up, and really is the next Steve Young. Right now, the coaches think Teddy is the better option and I hope he proves them right. I hope Taysom continues to excel in the role the team has defined for him.

Doesn’t matter. Taysom is still a better option.
How do you know that taysom has looked horrible against backups gotta trust coach on this one

Teddy is better than you think. Can't judge what happened after Drew went down...Sean made that clear.

Teddy is a winner. I'm sure he isn't happy that his friend and mentor has fallen to injury, but he will be ready after a week of prep. I think he is going to have a great game.
Honestly, I think IF we pull Butler and Humphries up from the practice squad, and Jared Cook decides to come and play some football, and Bridge practices with the ones which he of course will, then, it is possible to right the ship...of course, Bridgewater has to man up and lead the team, make the throws, and pull it down and go when there are
5 or more free yards, or when the play gets stymied...I admit, during the Rams game, watching Bridge struggle, I gave up all hope on the season....but, now, I realize, I really do think if we had the other two receivers in the mix, this team could still explode! And, the better passing game would take the pressure off the struggling run game, hopefully..
I cannot believe there is no announcement of the two receivers coming up....I mean, Both the other receivers are hurt...Hellooooooooooo

Taysom hill has zero experience in being a quarterback when the game actually matters. Teddy has way more experience that's why hes starting.

Taysom didn't have any experience as ST, then there he was blocking punts/stopping returns.
Taysom didn't have any experience at WR, then there he was catching TD passes.
Taysom does line up at QB when the game matters.

Keyword preseason dont u realize taysom was playing against players scrubs players that didnt even make the 53man roster. Taysom has zero experience in real game time that's why teddy is starting!

Yeah, always that. But Teddy sucks in live games, and the excuses fly.

As I said repeatedly, I don't have anything against TB, I just don't get the praise, nor do I get the poo-pooing of Hill.

I think everybody should at least give him one more full game where he would’ve actually have had a chance to practice with the 1’s before we burn the bridge.
and at least one game with Butler and Hump to throw to, besides Mike Thomas...

Teddy is better than you think. Can't judge what happened after Drew went down...Sean made that clear.

Seems we are not allow to judge every time he's done poorly, preseason or live game.

Teddy is a winner. I'm sure he isn't happy that his friend and mentor has fallen to injury, but he will be ready after a week of prep. I think he is going to have a great game.

He better be.

No offensive line can protect for as long as Teddy holds the ball. He just cannot seem to make a decision. A receiver has to be wide open before he even attempts to throw the ball. And even then he seems to throw late such that the ball is behind the receiver or coverage has already reacted.
I totally agree with you, for the most part I saw indecision and hesitance ...so many holding calls on our o-line is on the quarterback in this case...man I hope he improves...he just doesn't diagnose with the speed of Drew...we're so spoiled by our HOF quarterback...certainly could be a long season.

I think what he meant to say was:

How do you know? taysom has looked horrible against backups. gotta trust coach on this one.

I removed "that" for it to make any sense.

But who needs punctuation anyway?

And I couldn't disagree with him more. Hill was one of the leading passers this preseason. Very decisive. Great command of the huddle and even made checks at the line. No poor body language when something didn't go right. And guys sure seemed to play harder for him than they did with Teddy.

I think what he meant to say was:

I removed "that" for it to make any sense.

But who needs punctuation anyway?

And I couldn't disagree with him more. Hill was one of the leading passers this preseason. Very decisive. Great command of the huddle and even made checks at the line. No poor body language when something didn't go right. And guys sure seemed to play harder for him than they did with Teddy.
Which ever qb they start, they had better bring at the least one number two wideout up from the practice squad....maybe its already happened..IDK....but it needs to...I would bring up both of the promising young huge physical talented receivers, and let them boogie woogie....the entire offense might just catch fire...especially if the chosen qb can pull his weight...it would sure be easier than just allowing the defense to put three guys on Mike, and knock Cook on every catch....surely they know this...surely they are bringing at least one up...I will say this, I watched quite a bit of film on Bridge...and, I think he has the ability...but he has got to get his mojo rolling, or its gonna be a long day in Seattle, if he starts...
Personally, I like Taysom, he I think inspires the team, brings the fire...and he will run over you if need be...my knock against him is, he locks on to one receiver and that plays into the hands of the D.....if he can begin to look off, and look to the second and third target, he could become a great qb...I admit I still don't know about his accuracy, and in this league,
its crucial.....on Bridge, I have seen him throw some incredibly accurate balls on deep passes, into a tiny window...so I know he has the tools, and I have seen him run effectively in traffic since the injury....My hopes are that after a week preparing as the one, he will improve enough to take a win....by the way, woe is me....ha ha...

I don’t get this sentiment; like we have to divide ourselves into player camps. Why wouldn’t all Saints fans be pulling for every player on the team?

If Taysom surpasses Teddy on the depth chart, then I hope he goes out there and lights it up, and really is the next Steve Young. Right now, the coaches think Teddy is the better option and I hope he proves them right. I hope Taysom continues to excel in the role the team has defined for him.

Exactly this.

Which ever qb they start, they had better bring at the least one number two wideout up from the practice squad....maybe its already happened..IDK....but it needs to...I would bring up both of the promising young huge physical talented receivers, and let them boogie woogie....the entire offense might just catch fire...especially if the chosen qb can pull his weight...it would sure be easier than just allowing the defense to put three guys on Mike, and knock Cook on every catch....surely they know this...surely they are bringing at least one up...I will say this, I watched quite a bit of film on Bridge...and, I think he has the ability...but he has got to get his mojo rolling, or its gonna be a long day in Seattle, if he starts...
Personally, I like Taysom, he I think inspires the team, brings the fire...and he will run over you if need be...my knock against him is, he locks on to one receiver and that plays into the hands of the D.....if he can begin to look off, and look to the second and third target, he could become a great qb...I admit I still don't know about his accuracy, and in this league,
its crucial.....on Bridge, I have seen him throw some incredibly accurate balls on deep passes, into a tiny window...so I know he has the tools, and I have seen him run effectively in traffic since the injury....My hopes are that after a week preparing as the one, he will improve enough to take a win....by the way, woe is me....ha ha...
I think a lot of it is between the ears with Teddy right now. Being the backup to Brees can't be an easy job to have when you're called up to replace him. He needs to take a Xanax and realize no one expects him to be Drew Brees. We expect him to be Teddy Bridgewater, just like we expect Taysom Hill to be Taysom Hill. The difference between the two, IMO, is that Hill is a lot more confident in being himself than Teddy is right now. Hopefully, Payton, Carmichael and Lombardi can get Teddy to just be himself and play much more loose than he ever has in a Saints uniform. The Teddy trying to do too much is holding onto the ball while thinking about being Brees, IMO, is what we've seen and it doesn't work. Just do what you did in Minnesota. Be a decisive QB with a good arm who protects the ball, leans on his running game and executes the passing game to the best of your ability and we should be able to win some games.

I agree on calling up some receivers like Butler and Humphrey if the injury to Smith is going to keep him out. We need to be able to have Hill as the wild card under center some in this game, and going forward. Not being a primary WR and TE. Heck, we used him (reportedly from a user on this site) for 13% of QB snaps last year. With TB under center, there's no reason we shouldn't up that percentage, especially since he's shown improvement as a pocket passer and teams won't know that most every play will be RPO.

That defensive line of the Rams is ridiculous. His pocket awareness was back but I think that can be corrected. Seattle isn't great against the run so maybe it will go better for him with run support.

One of the reasons our oline looks so dominant in the pass game is DB releases the ball in under 3 seconds on average. TB seldom releases the ball in under 4 seconds. Huge difference, I’m not even sure TB knows the receivers routes. DB will throw to spots on the field where TB sits back and waits for open receivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom