Bridgewater is just all kinds of fail (1 Viewer)

I haven’t been keeping up with him, but I always thought he was an average QB. Very likable guy, but I didn’t understand people clamoring to re-sign him, other than the appreciation that we won the 4 or 5 games he started. It’s pretty clear that was more of the strong roster at the time and not turning the ball over, which is important. I think it does go to show that Payton can get the most out of anyone, to an extent. I have no doubt we’d still be competing with any of our QBs had we not had an extreme amount of injury. It leaves me hopeful that if we stay healthy next year, we can compete whether we have Winston, a guy like Teddy, or any other decent FA. Just need to get a few more weapons.

I’ll admit, he’s not as good as I thought he was. I wanted to keep him and was really disappointed when he went to Carolina. I thought he had a good chance of being good here.
He was good here, your not going to succeed in every system, some teams sign you based off how you performed on another team but don't factor in maybe the other team had better coaching and a better system for said player to succeed.

I wish we'd kept him, but he performed so well he got paid to go to Carolina, but he was one season away from taking over after Drew.

Last edited:
And that’s the sad state of why we’re 5-7
If only every team could have a starting caliber QB as a backup. Most don’t, though. I think it’s also much to do with the o-line, RB, and TE injuries we’ve had. Honestly, who knows what we’d even be doing with Winston right now with so many injuries. Teddy would probably be a slight upgrade over what we have now, but then again, I kind of doubt it. Not with pressure in his face all day and no receivers to throw to.

There are levels to NFL QBs and Teddy is in that Tanahill/Cousins tier. They're not elite but with the right team around them, you can win a lot of games.

This is why the Saints should push all the chips in with Jameis. He has legit arm talent and you need that to make it out of the “game manager” tier of QB play.
...IF getting a more talented or more accomplished replacement is out of reach. I think so. Not gonna get that in a draft from a 1st year player or through a trade without capital.

There are levels to NFL QBs and Teddy is in that Tanahill/Cousins tier. They're not elite but with the right team around them, you can win a lot of games.

Michael Thomas turned Bridgewater and Hill into fool's gold.

Michael Thomas with Teddy B at QB:
vs Seattle - 7 targets, 5 receptions, 54 yards, 1 TD.
vs Dallas - 9 targets, 9 receptions, 95 yards.
vs Tampa Bay - 13 targets, 11 receptions, 182 yards, 2 TD.
vs Jacksonville - 12 targets, 8 receptions, 89 yards.
vs Chicago - 11 targets, 9 receptions, 131 yards.

Michael Thomas with Hill at QB:
vs Atlanta - 12 targets, 9 receptions, 104 yards.
vs Denver - 6 targets, 4 receptions, 50 yards.
vs Atlanta - 11 targets, 9 receptions, 105 yards.
vs Philly - 8 targets, 8 receptions, 84 yards.

So without Drew Brees starting in nine games, Michael Thomas put up this stat line: 89 targets, 72 receptions, 894 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Deonte Harris leads Saints receivers in 2021 in yards per game at 47.5. In a 17 game season, he'd have 808 yards. Nearly 100 yards less than what Thomas put up in nine games.

This team desperately needs Michael Thomas at full strength next season.

So without Drew Brees starting in nine games, Michael Thomas put up this stat line: 89 targets, 72 receptions, 894 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Deonte Harris leads Saints receivers in 2021 in yards per game at 47.5. In a 17 game season, he'd have 808 yards. Nearly 100 yards less than what Thomas put up in nine games.

And Thomas did that with Hill at QB and a bad ankle!

Let's not pretend he wouldn't be an upgrade over our current quarterback room.

Let's not pretend he would perform well somehow with our current offensive roster....because he wouldn't....I think it is a minor miracle that Teddy was able to come back and play at all, he is an accurate passer given time but at this point is not going to win you games....

Yep, for all those folks down on MT, how quickly they forget....big, huge difference maker....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom