Saints Bridgewater needs “special situation” to leave New Orleans. (1 Viewer)

If Brees comes back and we can keep Teddy for $7 mil, I think that's worth every penny in insurance.

Man, that would be an enormous discount on what he’s gonna get offered elsewhere.

Maybe he’s a better person than I am. Okay he definitely is. But I couldn’t ever turn down the generational money he’s about to be offered by someone just to stay for another one-year deal.

He bet on himself this past year and it paid off. I wish him well.

Makes sense. But I don't know if there is a special situation anywhere.
Chargers: rumors of Brady if Rivers retires (is he still under contract)
Chicago: they're sticking with Mitch
Tampa: nothing special there.
Maybe Loomis makes it happen and we keep all three QBs and everyone is happy.

Chargers: Brady isn’t leaving the Pats unless he retires... same situation as Brees. Chargers have a solid OL, very good RB (even if Gordon leaves), 2 good WRs, and a talented young TE.. plus their defense is stacked.

Chicago: Paying Trubisky on a rookie deal, and could afford Bridgewater as insurance. Still, I don’t see this as “special”.

Tampa: Arguably the best duo of WRs in the NFL... a young (albeit unrealized) stud TE, and an offensive guru coach.

Teddy will have options... the only way the Saints make sense is if he’s the starting QB. I’m not a huge believer in Teddy, but I’ve seen that he can lead this roster to W’s... plus, I’ve seen CSP do some of the very best coaching of his career w/ Bridgewater under center.

Chargers: Brady isn’t leaving the Pats unless he retires... same situation as Brees. Chargers have a solid OL, very good RB (even if Gordon leaves), 2 good WRs, and a talented young TE.. plus their defense is stacked.

Chicago: Paying Trubisky on a rookie deal, and could afford Bridgewater as insurance. Still, I don’t see this as “special”.

Tampa: Arguably the best duo of WRs in the NFL... a young (albeit unrealized) stud TE, and an offensive guru coach.

Teddy will have options... the only way the Saints make sense is if he’s the starting QB. I’m not a huge believer in Teddy, but I’ve seen that he can lead this roster to W’s... plus, I’ve seen CSP do some of the very best coaching of his career w/ Bridgewater under center.
I honestly don't know what's going happen in NE but it's a whole lot of smoke, he may leave but who knows.
Mitch was the second pick in the draft. If he fails, that's an indictment of the GM.
Tampa: I don't think they're special although they do have offensive weapons but pepole are saying they will re-sign JW.
I don't think Teddy is going anywhere to be a backup.
I guess we'll see.

That special situation will be millions upon millions of dollars lol

I don't think you can keep Drew, Taysom and Teddy AND retain other players on the roster. I think Taysom stays but it comes down to Drew or Teddy.
But then again somehow Loomis signed Byrd to like a 56 million contract when they had like almost no cap space.

I can certainly see it the way Triplett does here but there is also an ugly flip side. Whomever replaces Drew is not going to get much leeway from at least half the fans here. The bar is set high. A rookie would get a couple of years to grow but any vet here is going to catch hell with any bad games or bad stretches. Dude went 5-0 but in those first couple, fans drew comparisons to Aaron Brooks for Gods sake. When I try to figure out what things those two have in common, it doesn't paint a very pretty picture of those particular fans. I'm not trying to be a nay sayer. I love Teddy and would love to have him here. I'm just prepared to hate some of our fans.

I don't think you can keep Drew, Taysom and Teddy AND retain other players on the roster. I think Taysom stays but it comes down to Drew or Teddy.
But then again somehow Loomis signed Byrd to like a 56 million contract when they had like almost no cap space.

You bank it against future cap space. Keep that up and there comes a day you can field a team

Your identification of the Chargers is right on but if Ihad to pick a major city in the US that was most unlike NOLA, it would probably be L.A.!
True but LA is still a good city. And it’s better than somewhere like Jacksonville. I think he’s looking for a place that will accept and welcome him as much as we have.
It’s pretty awesome that we can give praise to all these guys equally.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom