Bridgewater not impressed... (1 Viewer)

Payton was faced with a strange set of options for that game.

He was not playing Brees (smartly), so:
- Teddy's sick, but if he says he can give it a go, I'll let him (which he did).
- Play Taysom Hill the whole game.
- Resign J.T. Barret to split the load with Taysom.
- Play Taysom first half and Warford in the second half. :D

I won't speak for anyone else buy it is not hate I feel. It is disappointment. I care about performance. I get that every player has their boosters. When Payton said the first half offense was "awful", was he hating ?

Please don't take criticism as being hate.

To his boosters I pose this question. Which performance in a saints game do you feel best represents the Terry we could expect if he were to become #1?
Last week he put up a 110 QBR while playing without a cold or whatever his illness was. Let's at least wait out the rest of preseason before making any real calls on TEDDY's capability.

Payton was faced with a strange set of options for that game.

He was not playing Brees (smartly), so:
Teddy's sick, but if he says he can give it a go, I'll let him (which he did).
Play Taysom Hill the whole game.
Resign J.T. Barret to split the load with Taysom.
Play Taysom first half and Warford in the second half. :D
JT Barret is already with the Seahawks too, so there really wasn't an option.

It wasn't revealed that he was battling illness and missed prep time until long after the game. It also explains a lot given he is usually an accurate passer and was clearly and unusually off yesterday. I once played in a basketball game where I missed about five gimme layups I always make coming off the flu and we lost.

It's material news worthy of its own thread. Don't like it? Free to skip it and go post somewhere else.

My apologies LAHS I missed the title to be a iii as in 3rd. I didn’t see the link and thought it was just references to an off day. And my point was aimed more generally at thread starters. This one did warrant its own

JT Barret is already with the Seahawks too, so there really wasn't an option.
Reversing the order with Taysom starting might have been the better call. It would have eased the pressure on TEDDY which I think compounded being under the weather. Exercising the second reamers comes with fewer expectations.

Last week he put up a 110 QBR while playing without a cold or whatever his illness was. Let's at least wait out the rest of preseason before making any real calls on TEDDY's capability.

My first post said about the same thing. There is no rush to make that call and if Brees has to sit out a spell then Payton will choose his QB then. The saints are a unique case and the ordering of the depth chart is just numbers on a piece of paper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom