Bridgewater not impressed... (1 Viewer)

Our next qb may not be on the roster yet.
Our next QB is not on the roster. He may fill a spot but as for long term no. People don't want to admit that our backups are backups fir a reason. Posters thought Grayson was going to be our starter a few years ago . Last week they thought Teddy would shine. We need to tank next year for Trevor Lawrence. Otherwise get used to a mediocre season being a good one. Taysom Hill isn't the answer either. I don't care if he throws 4 TDs and runs for 2 more tonight ,im telling yall he is a backup at best. If he is a full time starter, he won't be here long.

Last edited:
The only negative to Bridgewater not being Bree's back up is that would mean Taysom is. And if Taysom is the backup, then we wouldn't be able to see the swiss knife of Payton's team. Couldn't take a chance on him getting injured. So Bridgewater better step up his game if he plans on making the team.

Woah.. better put on my TOS police badge and look for opinions I think are "dumb"17bdt9.jpg

It’s not “dumb comments” that are TOS violations, it’s making nasty comments about Saints players. You can be critical but keep it to the football and be respectful.

Insulting Saints Players and Staff:

We frown upon members using tactless and rude references like "stinks", "idiot", "sucks", "garbage", etc. when discussing Saints' players, coaches and front office personnel. While constructive criticism is welcome and encouraged here, many players, coaches, front-office personnel and their families frequent the SSF regularly and we ask that you seek a higher level of discourse by at least being respectful and considerate of these people.

The only negative to Bridgewater not being Bree's back up is that would mean Taysom is. And if Taysom is the backup, then we wouldn't be able to see the swiss knife of Payton's team. Couldn't take a chance on him getting injured. So Bridgewater better step up his game if he plans on making the team.

Bridgewater will be the backup this year. But I think Taysom has a shot at it next year. We can use that $8mil Teddy is making somewhere else...hopefully towards a Brees extension.

Sounds like we are better of trading him and his contract then, Let Taysom be Taysom and bring in a journey man qb.

Here's the thing with Teddy. The only way it makes sense to keep him and make him the starter is if he shows the ability to be a top 10 QB.

Otherwise, it's simply smarter to draft someone, even if they perform average the first few years, and spend the other $15M a year on bolstering the roster.

Anyone seeing top 10 ability from Bridgewater? Even last week when he played decently, did anyone say "that guy is special?"

It's like I said before we re-signed Teddy this offseason, the worst case scenario is that Teddy ends up an average QB that we have to pay starter money to (see $20M+ a year). If he's not going to show us he's got the potential to be elite, we are better off rolling the dice in the draft and spending the money elsewhere. At least then there's a shot at finding another Brees level talent.

I know this is a controversial subject for some but I'm just giving my honest opinion.

Hey - if you could get your nose out of my business, I'd appreciate it. Go sniff around some other posters for a little while.

Thanks!

I mean you just went and Disliked several of my posts unrelated to any post in this discussion thread because you didn't like my reaction to your post, so maybe you should take your own advice. :ROFLMAO:

I'm just going to say it.

After Brees, we're going to go through some frustrating times in finding a replacement that even comes close to his production.

We might, but you can only strike gold if you are willing to dig. That means trying to draft someone in the 1st round. Playing it scared by trying to use a journeyman like Teddy is how you end up with an average QB making too much money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom