Bridgewater not impressed... (1 Viewer)

We might, but you can only strike gold if you are willing to dig. That means trying to draft someone in the 1st round. Playing it scared by trying to use a journeyman like Teddy is how you end up with an average QB making too much money.

So you throw this talented roster to a rookie? You do both. Give Bridgewater a shot with a 3-year deal, with a 2 year out and don't stop looking. If Bridgewater works out great if not, move on.

So you throw this talented roster to a rookie? You do both. Give Bridgewater a shot with a 3-year deal, with a 2 year out and don't stop looking. If Bridgewater works out great if not, move on.

I think we draft a QB next year and he plays behind Drew for a couple years.

Abso-freaking-lutely I give this roster to a 1st round pick at QB. I'd want whoever it is to start growing immediately, not sit behind Bridgewater while we go 7-9. I'd choose starting Hill on the cheap as a secondary option.

Either that or I beg Brees to play another year while the guy learns behind him.

Last edited:
Honestly with our offensive game plan TB is not the right fit.... With the right offensive personal TB could be good enough, but highly doubt he will ever be a franchise QB.... I can see us making a big move in the Draft in the next couple years to try and find that Franchise QB.... I know alot of fans have faith that Hill or even TB can be that guy but your fooling yourselves....

Abso-freaking-lutely I give this roster to a 1st round pick at QB. I'd want whoever it is to start growing immediately, not sit behind Bridgewater while we go 7-9. I'd choose starting Hill on the cheap actually if it was a chose between the two.

Either that or I beg Brees to play another year while the guy learns behind him.

Why gamble with one hand when you can have two?

Why gamble with one hand when you can have two?

Because of the money and I think talented 1st round rookies tend to do best being thrown in the fire early. I'm just not a Bridgewater believer. Never have been. I don't see him as a gamble anymore. I feel like I already know what he is and he's not going to turn into a pair of kings.

I think we would be wasting time and money to start him next year.

Because of the money and I think talented 1st round rookies tend to do best being thrown in the fire early. I'm just not a Bridgewater believer. Never have been. I think we would be wasting time and money to start him next year.

Payton seems to and I think I'll roll with his judgment on anything offense.

We have no idea what Payton thinks right now. Bridgewater isn't even under contract next season. There's a ton of details to be worked out between now and then.

The way he talks about Bridgewater and spending 7 mil on a backup for a soon retiring QB that has never needed one. Those are pretty strong moves.

.....people were impressed last week....IJS.

Some people were. Others saw a guy who checked down too much, showed little ability to step up in the pocket, and who had 70 yards passing until the two minute drill at the end of the half.

I know RevDeuce is a big Teddy fan and I'm interested to see what he says about tonight.

.....people were impressed last week....IJS.
I wasn’t. All he did was check down last week. Hasn’t showed me anything of being worth 8mil for a backup. He’s not the successor for when Brees leaves. Taysom has gotten a lot better from last year but still wouldn’t ride the franchise on him either. Hope Brees plays another year after this year to buy is more time.

The way he talks about Bridgewater and spending 7 mil on a backup for a soon retiring QB that has never needed one. Those are pretty strong moves.

K. Teddy's great and Payton loves him. He's the heir to Brees. That what you want to hear?

Or can you at least grant me that things can change if Teddy doesn't actually perform well?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom