Bridgewater not impressed... (1 Viewer)

And there will be a like 2/3 possibility that guy will be a bust. But fortunately, that's what Zion, Zo, Jrue and co. are for.

The record on 1st round QBs at least being good has been pretty stellar the last five years or so.

It’s certainly over a 50% chance these days you get a quality starter and then you’d have to think that’s even better for us because of Payton and our offensive talent.

But it’s a risk. I just think if you don’t take that risk, you will never have a shot at another elite QB talent.

TRade Teddy to anybody for whatever we can get for him, Trade for Ryan Griffin IV from Tampa Bay and bring him back to the saints. With Drew, Taysom, and Ryan we can proceed seemlessly.

The record on 1st round QBs at least being good has been pretty stellar the last five years or so.

It’s certainly over a 50% chance these days you get a quality starter and then you’d have to think that’s even better for us because of Payton and our offensive talent.

But it’s a risk. I just think if you don’t take that risk, you will never have a shot at another elite QB talent.

Assuming that we're not talking about Bridgewater, since that's the whole point of this thread, I'll grant you Baker Mayfield, Pat Mahomes, DeShawn Watson, Jared Goff, and Carson Wentz over the last five years. And Goff, or really McVay's system got exposed in the SB and even against us in the CG to an extent, while I'm not convinced that Wentz wins the Eagles the SB if he stays healthy and probably doesn't get them into the playoffs last year. 14 and 15 first rounders were all busts, so really it's about a 50/50 success rate in the last 5 years, and even with the hits you're probably talking about being saddled with a college offense that can't win the big games because that's all these guys can do anymore.

I only saw the one drive that ended up in the INT. I thought he looked good until the INT play. I thought he saw something and rushed a high fastball. Looked more like a rookie play than a veteran play. Some were saying he doesn't look poised under pressure. If that play is an indicator then I would agree. Now we read he was sick so he likely gets a pass. Sure seems he is the chosen one so hoping he gets it together.

I was one of the few that wasn't impressed with Bridgewater last week. He is smart, knows the offense but plays to not LOSE. He doesn't take the chances that can elevate the game and just plays it so conservative. He has all the skills and mentality, but as a QB he doesn't challenge the players around him.

Teddy didn’t play well but to be fair did armstead or ramychek play a down?

Tyrod Taylor and Cardale both looked better than Bridgewater. I hope today was a fluke, because he was bad today. Hill looked great, but QBs can't last playing Hill's style. If Hill can protect his body, then I see great potential. He showed accuracy, touch, decisiveness, and poise. He looks like he could be a very good starting QB. I'm surprised that his small hands haven't caused him any trouble, but he seems to overcome that well. Hill could be our #2, and future #1, but then we'll need to find another backup that we can trust.

I was one of the few that wasn't impressed with Bridgewater last week. He is smart, knows the offense but plays to not LOSE. He doesn't take the chances that can elevate the game and just plays it so conservative. He has all the skills and mentality, but as a QB he doesn't challenge the players around him.
I think you just called him Carl Smith!

Teddy didn’t play well but to be fair did armstead or ramychek play a down?
Ramcyek did. He had 4 starters on the line plus all receivers except Thomas. Cant make excuses for him this time.

I only saw the one drive that ended up in the INT. I thought he looked good until the INT play. I thought he saw something and rushed a high fastball. Looked more like a rookie play than a veteran play. Some were saying he doesn't look poised under pressure. If that play is an indicator then I would agree. Now we read he was sick so he likely gets a pass. Sure seems he is the chosen one so hoping he gets it together.
You didnt watch much then. Behind on throws and high also. I'm not a Bridgewater fan and never have been. I'm a Saints fan so hope he does well. But today he SUCKED! And had all starters except Armstead and Thomas so cant play that card.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom