Bridgewater Sweepstakes.. Next Stop NE?? (1 Viewer)

YeahSaintsWin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Fans, at some point, NFL teams need to be committed to winning. Never mind that we didn't grow up on the same block, we are fans of the same team. And, as fans, we should want our team to win. The Saints may let Teddy Bridgewater test the market but, we need to win the Bridgewater Sweepstakes. In fact, TB may be more important than Drew.

Who do you have in the QB room? Brees produces team wins but another trip to the Super Bowl may not happen.. Bridgewater has the winning record and the leadership qualities that made Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer SB winners.. And Taysom Hill who has 13 throws in his NFL career.

Now, guess who the fans want?

Fans lobbying for a gadget player to start on a playoff team? This fan folly is partly we as fans fault. We fans want our gridiron gladiators to look like Taysom Hill and play like Drew Brees. But, before we promote Mr. Gadget The Gladiator to QB1, consider the fact that Hill would be a major risk at QB2.

Every team has a veteran backup QB2. Taysom's lack of experience signals rebuilding. Even at QB2, Hill is a RPO-QB with "limited" arm talent. Taysom can make plays in games but can he win enough games to get a team to the post season? In my opinion, Taysom Hill would be, at best, QB2 to every skill player on offense and some on defense.

But I digress.. after the facts are known, we were posting to ask the Nostradamus fans to consider what happens if TB walks out of the building and signs with NE or some other team?

For this exercise, move the Drew Brees retirement off the table. So, whether Brees retires or signs for a season, you are the GM Mickey Loomis of the New Orleans Saints and you need an experienced QB for your team. Would you want to lose Teddy Bridgewater to NE? Now tell me, considering only NE and Nawlins, which team wins?

I'll say it again.. the Saints need to win the Teddy Bridgewater Sweepstakes!!

GO Saints!!

Last edited:
You made a thread title as if it was something that is in the works. My goodness!

Horrible thread title, and who the hell is Taysum?
It's about as bad as people misspelling Payton's name as Peyton. He's been our coach for 14 years now! How are they misspelling it?!?!

Last edited:
I guess the Off-season is the time for these cryptic, long winded, ambiguous type posts.

"Are we asking the hard truths, about the numbers not adding up with rolling the dice and taking chances on stunning Burrow draft day trades?!"

?‍♂️

Last edited:
If there wasn't 21 million in dead money on Drew that would hit our cap immediately, AND Drew were to retire this month... Teddy probably wouldn't be going anywhere.

Even with all that's been said on the subject, AND knowing the cap situation... I wouldn't be completely surprised if Teddy was retained IF Drew retires. There's a scenario where we eat Drew's dead cap this season, sign Teddy to a multi-year deal, and do what we can with the rest of the roster with whatever cap space Loomis can manufacture. In this scenario, I think we lose some players we'd rather not lose. But that's the trade off. Doing this would lock our organization into building the team around Teddy going forward.

I'm not saying this is what would happen, or what I want to happen. Just that this is one possible scenario. It doesn't get much discussion for a few reasons. The main reason is that everyone seems so sure that Drew will play another season. Another is the comments from Sean Payton and media takes about Taysom being our next starting QB. A smaller reason this possibility is largely ignored is that very few fans want to seriously consider losing multiple key players. I've read all the posts calling for a complete rebuild because we've lost nail-biters in the playoffs the past 3 years. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I won't knock on it even though I strongly disagree. I will say that I'm 99.999% positive that the last thing our front office and coaching staff wants to do is start over. And I believe they will do everything they possibly can to keep the talent they've worked so hard to acquire in recent years.

Who do you have in the QB room? Brees produces team wins but not the Super Bowl.. Bridgewater has the winning record and the leadership qualities that made Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer SB winners.. And Taysum Hill who has 13 throws in his NFL career.
Brees has literally won a Super Bowl...

Winning record and leadership qualities made Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer SB winners? Um, no. I'm pretty sure that was those defenses.
Johnson's defense scored 3 TDs in that Super Bowl.
Dilfer had at least a top 5 all time defense which scored one TD in his Super Bowl and special teams gave him another TD as well. He was 12 for 25, 153 Yards, 1 TD.

Or maybe you were joking... Sorry I can't tell.

You made a thread title as if it was something that is in the works. My goodness!

But I like Peyt....I mean... Paight...I mean Peigh...Uhm...Coach P is good

It's about as bad as people misspelling Payton's name as Peyton. He's been our coach for 14 years now! How are they misspelling it?!?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom