Brief Drew Brees MVP talk on the Bill Simmons podcast today (1 Viewer)

At the beginning of the year (even before 0-3 IIRC) Bill said on a podcast we were totally done, the window is closed, and the Brees Era will come to an unceremonious end.

But it sets up an interesting MVP question. Brady v Brees...

Brees with the better stats, stated 0-3, Team is 10-6 and division winner
Brady with great stats, wasn't on the team while they started 3-1, Team is 13-3? and AFC #1

The question of the first four games becomes the crux.

If we make the playoffs he will be in the spotlight.
The media loves to talk about something that hasnt been done before.
Starting 0-3 and then making the playoffs would require an explanation.
It wont be difficult for the media to connect the dots to Drew.

If we make the playoffs he will be in the spotlight.
The media loves to talk about something that hasnt been done before.
Starting 0-3 and then making the playoffs would require an explanation.
It wont be difficult for the media to connect the dots to Drew.

What would be absolutely hilarious if by some miracle we did make the SB this year, we'd be the first team to do so after losing the first 3 games in a season and winning the SB after losing the last 3 games of a season.

At the beginning of the year (even before 0-3 IIRC) Bill said on a podcast we were totally done, the window is closed, and the Brees Era will come to an unceremonious end.

Brady with great stats, wasn't on the team while they started 3-1, Team is 13-3? and AFC #1

No disrespect to Brees, he's my favorite QB and one of the best of his generation. I'd even put him above Manning and 1b to Brady's 1a but that's my opinion. Brady is playing the best of any QB right now and has the best stats that matter. He leads the league in QB rating, has a 73.1 completion percentage and is throwing at 9.8 yards per attempt which is insane. I do think he'll come down to earth but let's not short sell how well he is playing atm.

If you want to argue Brees means more to his team, I'll agree but statistics lean towards Brady as of right now.

too bad, the mvp voting is done before playoffs.

Brady is on pace to shatter the QB rating record of Aaron Rodgers (122) with an astounding 133.9 rating. He is playing with a huge chip on his shoulder after that humiliating suspension.

Would not be surprised to see him run the table at 15-1, and the question of MVP would be over. If he does falter and they lose a few games and they don't even get the 1 or 2 seed, then the mvp race is wide open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom