Briggs offer from Chicago... (2 Viewers)

per PFT:

NO LANCE IN TAMPA

There was a report on Friday that linebacker Lance Briggs was visiting the Buccaneers.

A league source tells us that, after the report surfaced, a high-level Bucs official privately said, "We're worried. Lance Briggs is in the building, but we don't know where he is."

As it turns out, Briggs didn't visit the Buccaneers. And he hasn't visited anyone.

It's not how things were supposed to go for the guy who supposedly was one of the top 2008 free-agent prizes. A year ago, the Redskins were interested. Now, nothing. During the 2007 season, the Niners were sufficiently interested to trigger tampering charges. Now, nothing.

We're not quite sure why it has happened. Maybe teams have concluded that Briggs' tackling numbers have been inflated by his role in a defensive scheme that funnels the play toward the weakside linebacker. Regardless, Briggs is still available and there's no indication that an offer is imminent.

I kind of agree with you on him not wanting to come here.

But based on the deal Chicago offered him, he won't go back to Chicago.

The voice is telling me that he wants to stay in Chicago and will get a counter offer from Chicago that will work out. They will have more money now that Berrien went to the Vikings.

I really hate the post that suggest that the Saints are content on not bringing people in, but it worries me that they have not signed one free agent (other than our own). I saw Drayton Floerance signed, so if we do not get Gay (insert jokes here) then who is left?

If Florence got 6 mil a year then Briggs deserves a lot more than that, we can afford to give him 7.5- 8.0 mil a year, and we should do it seeing what a mid tier guy like Florence costs.

If Lance was going to stay in Chicago (IMO) he would have.

He was willing (contract leverage) to sit out the entire season save the few games it would've taken to relinguish the 'franchise tag' on him last year.

Jerry Angelo allows players to test FA for better contract leverage, but Briggs has had since 2006 to hammer out a long-term deal to STAY in Chicago.

As bad as the offense has been in Chicago for quite some time, he has to see the writing on the wall. They are no closer to a solid QB as they were 7 years ago......ALL their WR's are now gone........Benson still hasn't proven he can start in the NFL........if the guy wants to win, if he wants to get out from Urlacher's shadow - he is LEAVING CHICAGO.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5651586639159841706
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3886159037479715486
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2129078747015843593

Only $12 million guaranteed?

That's not even Faine money.

Just a thought. What do you think would happen in Bears country if they lose Briggs too on top of all their other blunders so far? Think about it. They won't let Briggs go. There would be a lynching of DeAngelo.

Chicago slapped Briggs in the face with that offer IMO, especially given what some of the other FA's are getting that are not even Lance's caliber.

I've said it in other threads, but I'll say it again. Chicago is self destructing. They are letting all their best players get away.

Just a thought. What do you think would happen in Bears country if they lose Briggs too on top of all their other blunders so far? Think about it. They won't let Briggs go. There would be a lynching of DeAngelo.

Nothing would happen...cause the Bears are notorious for being cheap. They just let Berrian walk.

If the Saints really covet Briggs, and offer more money then Chicago does...I think he will be signed here.

I believe they want Hester to play linebacker too. I think he's battling with Orton and Grossman for QB also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom