Briggs offer from Chicago... (1 Viewer)

suppose the saints feel with the draft so deep at LB they may want to invest in colston and smith and Build through the draft. Det a top corner linebacker help then Okum or some one simular in the third or 4th and wait for the next free agency period :dunno:

suppose the saints feel with the draft so deep at LB they may want to invest in colston and smith and Build through the draft. Det a top corner linebacker help then Okum or some one simular in the third or 4th and wait for the next free agency period :dunno:

That would be fine if they were willing to use #10 pick on Dan Connor, or the second round pick for Mayo/Lofton is they're available. I don't care for Rivers, but I guess I woudn't scream if we ended up with him.

Briggs is supposedly seeking the same type of deal that Adalius Thomas signed with the New England Patriots last year. Thomas received a $20 million guaranteed in a five-year, $35 million deal after leaving the Baltimore Ravens. I'm surprised the Bears are offering him the 12 mil guaranteed.. Urlacher made just 3.95 million last year! Needless to say, he's looking to renegotiate. Even with their recent releases, the Bears are 15+ million under the cap. Urlacher and Briggs together would eat up most of that.

Sorry...Per KFFL:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 18:25:44 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have re-signed free-agent LB Lance Briggs (Bears) to a six-year contract worth $36 million.

Briggs is supposedly seeking the same type of deal that Adalius Thomas signed with the New England Patriots last year. Thomas received a $20 million guaranteed in a five-year, $35 million deal after leaving the Baltimore Ravens. I'm surprised the Bears are offering him the 12 mil guaranteed.. Urlacher made just 3.95 million last year! Needless to say, he's looking to renegotiate. Even with their recent releases, the Bears are 15+ million under the cap. Urlacher and Briggs together would eat up most of that.

I'd have no problem with that Thomas deal, frankly. Only problem is that it drives the price up when we re-sign Vilma next year, assuming he plays anywhere near like we're all expecting...

Sorry...Per KFFL:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 18:25:44 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have re-signed free-agent LB Lance Briggs (Bears) to a six-year contract worth $36 million.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Guess we couldn't outbid them with our gazillion cap bucks.

We could have easily outbid them. He just never really wanted to leave in the first place, despite the "I've played my last game for Chicago" crap from him....

yep, per Chicagosports.com:

"Lance Briggs will remain a Bear after agreeing to a six-year, $36 million deal.

"I'm extremely happy about it,"' Briggs said Saturday. "With Bernard signing with the Vikings, I think it gave me the opportunity to come home. I'm happy to return to the team that I started my career with.'"

Briggs couldn't reveal all the details of the deal but said it was front-ended and comparable to the other top linebackers in the league."

oh well

CRAAAAAAAAP!!!

Well, I hope we get some freak-monster DT in the draft, then.

We need a DEFENSE, not this scotch-tape crap we've put out the last two years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom