Briggs signs with Bears per KFFL{mega-merge} (1 Viewer)

I seriously doubt the Saints can win more than 5 games next season!

I predict the countdown for the departure of Sean Payton has begun.......he will be unceremoniously dumped after the 09 season!

I disagree 100%. The defense will be improved, Drew will not start off with 1 TD and 9 picks in the first 4 games, and we will make the playoffs.

Here's a thought-Briggs wanted to play MLB and with Urlacher having a neck injury that could sideline him at any point, he could move into that spot for Chicago.

The Bears are going to suck next year. I mean how bad off are they that they had to sign Rex Grossman to a 1 year deal. Their Defense is on the decline, Cedric Benson has become a bust, and they SuperBowl hangover hit them hard.

As for us not getting Briggs, I am not even a little upset.

Briggs didn't want to come here? Tell me you're kidding.....I never heard anything from any Saints coach, or FO person discussing Briggs....I said this before, and I say it again....this FO is nothing but full of amateurs, who probably are telling potential FAs on their visits to NO, how bad is the situation, and probably scaring people away!

Looking at Briggs game.....the Saints are desperate for a WLB, who can pursue the backside of a play.....that's the strength of Briggs.....and the weakness of Shanle! No wonder lots of experts who predicted the Saints as possible new home for Briggs pointed this out.......

I believe what Briggs said....there were no takers for his services. The Saints missed a great opportunity, and with this secondary (minus MMK) AND THE SNOW PATROL BACK IN ACTION IN CASE VILMA CAN'T GO......I seriously doubt the Saints can win more than 5 games next season!

I predict the countdown for the departure of Sean Payton has begun.......he will be unceremoniously dumped after the 09 season!

If there were no takers, why? Maybe everybody knows something?

But I agree that if Payton doesn't make it long term in N.O. it will be because weak defense gets him run out of town. He needs to be sure he remembers that he is a head coach and not just an offensive coordinator.

I think this signing is a smoke-screen for the Saint's front office....yeah...

Whatever dude. Everyone here that's defending the Saints seems to be creating their own conclusions based on conjecture so I'm making mine.

I'm tired of hearing this "Poor old poor old Saints, no one wants to come here" line. San Fran got Nate Clements last year. When's the last time they've been competitive? Meanwhile the Saints keep signing and re-signing retreads and 3rd tier players that wouldn't start for 3/4ths of the teams in the NFL. It's time to look at the people in charge of bringing these guys in, instead of making excuses for the F.O.

I think it's a question of living situations. If you asked the average US citizen where they would prefer to live (N.O. or San Fran, Dallas, Houston, Miami, etc.) I'm thinking they choose elsewhere. Let's face it. N.O. isn't a real attractive option to live for most people who weren't born and raised here, especially after Katrina.

I think it's a question of living situations. If you asked the average US citizen where they would prefer to live (N.O. or San Fran, Dallas, Houston, Miami, etc.) I'm thinking they choose elsewhere. Let's face it. N.O. isn't a real attractive option to live for most people who weren't born and raised here, especially after Katrina.

When I visited in Jan 2007, I thought it was great. Yeah, there were things closed and beat up from Katrina. But there was a heck of a lot of nice stuff, too. I could spend hours sitting at Cafe du Monde...........

The Saints are the anti-Redskins. While the Redskins guarantee a huge portion of contracts and them pro-rate then to spread the money out, the Saints look at their cap and see it as an opportunity to re-sign their own players to smaller deals and less guaranteed money, pro-rating the money over a very short period of time so that it all counts against the current cap.

Briggs felt it necessary to come out publically and denouce a rumor that he was coming to visit....I'm gonna guess he didn't want to come here and had no interest in signing with us. We already know hes a selfish player just by his comments. He doesn't want to help rebuild a defense, he wants to be a top LB on a top defense.

But I guess we could of kidnapped him and made him sign at gunpoint :shrug:

It's really kind of ironic isn't it? After all the Briggs talk and wasted threads, rumors and hype, he ends up signing back with the Bears. LOL What a great PR campaign he had going.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom