Briggs... what's up? (1 Viewer)

I was watching EWSPNEWS last night and they were saying that three teams were looking at him other than the three obvious teams. It was almost like a secret or something.

I think our linebackers are set except a mid round draft choice.
Don't see Briggs when they gave Shanle a nice contract. At least I think I remember a big contract for Shanle.

We need a big DT. That is priority imo.

Even though they gave Shanle that contract they couldn't possibly be satisfied with his play. Shanle would be depth on any other tean in the league... not starting. We need a playmaker at the WILL position, and if not Briggs... we need to upgrade with someone else.

Even though they gave Shanle that contract they couldn't possibly be satisfied with his play. Shanle would be depth on any other tean in the league... not starting. We need a playmaker at the WILL position, and if not Briggs... we need to upgrade with someone else.

I guess we just disagree. I think DT is more important.

Plus, I want Michael Turner.

We aren't going to fix every problem through FA. There will still be some holes going into the draft. We'll likely draft at least one LB, maybe two with this deep class.

I guess we just disagree. I think DT is more important.

Plus, I want Michael Turner.

I agree, focus is turning on DT position right now from the reports of Laboy visiting today and another DT who's name escapes me right now. There was a report that we were interested in Kelley from the Raiders who nobody knows about but just got a monster contract. Besides, we need a good player added to every level of the defense, DT, LB (Vilma), CB or S. Shanle's not such a big deal if we get three good defenders added... his play will get better... you always play better when you're surrounded by better players.

I never saw a single serious source link us to even being interested in this guy. It was all just wishful thinking. He is wanting way to much money for an OLB and I don't see any chance in us signing him.

I never saw a single serious source link us to even being interested in this guy. It was all just wishful thinking. He is wanting way to much money for an OLB and I don't see any chance in us signing him.

Adam Schefter said we were his best fit last night on NFL Total Access. That doesn't mean we are in discussions with him, but Schefter is usually spot on with his reports.

Adam Schefter said we were his best fit last night on NFL Total Access. That doesn't mean we are in discussions with him, but Schefter is usually spot on with his reports.

Like I said. There isn't a single source linking us to him. Just analysts saying he'd be a good fit. Samuel, Vilma, Thomas, etc. all had stories about us actually pursueing them. I've seen nothing like that about Briggs. I don't even think he is on our radar.

Like I said. There isn't a single source linking us to him. Just analysts saying he'd be a good fit. Samuel, Vilma, Thomas, etc. all had stories about us actually pursueing them. I've seen nothing like that about Briggs. I don't even think he is on our radar.

Right, I think we will pass on him and never really had much interest if any at all.
plus I think Shanle improves with better players around him, I think he is adequate and Simmons will compete if he is not cut. We are done at linebacker, imo.

We aren't going to fix every problem through FA. There will still be some holes going into the draft. We'll likely draft at least one LB, maybe two with this deep class.

I don't think this glad is deep personally. I see a huddle of players that are indistinguishable from each other. For a class to be considered deep, there has to be several players with first round grades. This class has only one. One. And that one doesn't stand out much. There are no consensus game changers in this class. No top ten players in this class. Not that the combine is THE point of reference, but not one stud out at the combine. No one really left a lasting image, like say members of the RB class did, DTs, or even the DBs. I'm sincere when I ask, why do you think this LB class is deep?

I don't think this glad is deep personally. I see a huddle of players that are indistinguishable from each other. For a class to be considered deep, there has to be several players with first round grades. This class has only one. One. And that one doesn't stand out much. There are no consensus game changers in this class. No top ten players in this class. Not that the combine is THE point of reference, but not one stud out at the combine. No one really left a lasting image, like say members of the RB class did, DTs, or even the DBs. I'm sincere when I ask, why do you think this LB class is deep?

There are at least 4 LB's who could grade out in the first round, and there are alot of LB's who could go in the 3rd and 4th who have 2nd round talent. There is a logjam of good LB's this year and not everyone can go high in the draft. Just because there isn't a top 5 LB doesn't meant the class isn't deep. Its hard to have a top rated LB in a draft with so many top 10 rated DT's, OT's, and DE's. Linemen traditionally are more valuable then LB's.

I see. We disagree on the talent level. I only see Rivers as being worth a first rounder. No one else stands out to me. I do think that many LBs will go day two though. (keep in mind that the third round is on day two now)

let me add that I've always respected your posts...outside of NE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom