Briggs... what's up? (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has ANYBODY heard anything about briggs? Any teams that are interested? Any visits scheduled? :shrug:

He's one of if not the biggest FA... anyone?

No news on the Briggs front yet...That said Jay Glazer reporting Vilma to Saints and another soure that Young and Simoneau resigned.

Has ANYBODY heard anything about briggs? Any teams that are interested? Any visits scheduled? :shrug:

He's one of if not the biggest FA... anyone?

Cross San Francisco off list for Briggs

Reports that the Niners were no longer interested in linebacker Lance Briggs appear founded.
San Francisco agreed to terms with another linebacker tonight, Dontarrious Thomas.

The ex-Viking will pair with Patrick Willis, who reached the Pro Bowl in his first year.
The interesting thing here is while the market is hot for wide receiver Bernard Berrian, who is on his way to Minnesota, there doesn't seem to be major play for Briggs right now, almost two hours into free agency. If that remains the case Friday, it would increase the Bears' chances of bringing him back.
Expect agent Drew Rosenhaus to work hard to create a market for him over the weekend.

Surely we will make a play for Briggs especially if the suitors are limited. No chance the Bears get him back. (of course I am just saying this for bearsfanforever)

Maybe once we found out he didn't have an injury or a pre-existing condition we ruled him out (Morgan..,Vilma...who's next)

Oh I almost forgot we are going after Shockey

Last edited:
He wants to play MLB, and with us looking like we traded for Vilma to play that.....

He's not gonna get that at SF. Pat Willis is a beast.

The 49ers play the 3-4 and Briggs would be one of the ILB's. But according to the above post SF isn't after him anymore.

Citing a source, the Chicago Sun Times says free agent Lance Briggs has been linked to the Bucs, Browns, and Broncos?????

Source: Chicago Sun Times

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

OK I think we can forget about briggs... so what do we do about our WILL LB position? Do we reach @10 and take Rivers?

Of course FA isn't over yet, but what other WILL LB will be worth looking at?

Or do they move Simmons over?

Decisions decisions..

OK I think we can forget about briggs... so what do we do about our WILL LB position? Do we reach @10 and take Rivers?

Of course FA isn't over yet, but what other WILL LB will be worth looking at?

Or do they move Simmons over?

Decisions decisions..

I think our linebackers are set except a mid round draft choice.
Don't see Briggs when they gave Shanle a nice contract. At least I think I remember a big contract for Shanle.

We need a big DT. That is priority imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom