Bright spot: Michael Thomas (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
He's going to be really good. Surprised I haven't seen him mentioned yet.

6 targets, 4 catches, 68 yards in limited time.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
If he's as good as I feel he might be, I won't need to keep obsessing over Sammy Watkins, Kevin Whites, or Josh Doctsons.

Also, I think we finally have a threat to make big plays on all those bubble screens we throw so much.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He along with Beckham Jr are gonna define WRs for the next decade.

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Great scheme fit too. He is gonna excel in our scheme. Good ball skills and agility for his size. Perfect west coast offense WR. We hit on this one. Hard to see at first how well he translates to a west coast scheme in Ohio states read option base offense.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
That sideline catch was a thing of beauty

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did the Saints finally hit paydirt on high rounders this last draft?
The vision is definitely more clear, I think we may of hit on this entire draft in terms of how these players fit what we want to do on offense as a d defense.

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Yes he was my top player on offense tonight. He would get the game ball as offensive MVP. Murphy had the best of play of the night with his muff punt that turned into a huge play. Two of Thomas's catches would be right up there as well. Defensive MVP would go to Edebali I guess with 2 sacks. McCown would get my MDP(most disappointed player lol) Ingram would be close for that fumble, but came back with two TDs.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Just had a a segment on Scott Van Pelt (Sportscenter but with a different name, and only one anchor) talking about Thomas. He ran a quote from Underhill's article in the Advocate saying "The legend of Michael Thomas can not be contained by the hills of West Virginia...". He then reminds everyone of this time last year with Ameer Abdulah in Detroit and his breakout game (vs the Jets), and how he never followed up that game. He says we need to pump the breaks on MT. We can expect him to put up numbers, but don't count on him to play out of this world like many seem to think.

Whatever, it's ESPN.

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well i'll look at it from both sides. MT has showed sick potential, and I think he will be a stud, but also some people are talking like he's the next jerry rice and might need to temper our expectations and not put too much pressure on the kid to produce like calvin johnson as a rookie.

From me personally, I think he's going to be a stud, plays a lot like allen robinson.

Le_fleur_fan_78

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He and Lewis will be good for our Offense. Also, Fleener looked good. Now if our Oline can solidify, we are looking at something very exciting.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Gumbo's Dad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It's not too soon for me to eat some crow. Thought we should go D at Thomas' draft spot. He could be the biggest impact player on this team in this year's draft. I also thought we didn't need to draft Deuce when we had Rickey Williams. I'm glad to be wrong in both situations. I don't know about HOF, but we don't need an HOF receiver to be productive in this offense or to make this offense even more productive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom