Bright spot: Michael Thomas (1 Viewer)

He looks like the real deal. It's far too early to say this but I'm going to anyway because I'm reckless with my optimism, this guy might be that bonafide, no doubt about it, #1 WR we've been begging for.

And that's no slight to Cooks, Thomas is just that damn good it seems. Those two with Snead IV and Fleener, how do you stop that!?

I think Thomas is going to give us that Dez Bryant type of WR we have been wanting for a while. Best thing is he isn't a head case like him. Crazy to think how young our WRs are. Nice to know we basically have the position locked down for near the next decade. The trio of Cooks, Thomas, and Snead is going to be great for a while and make life on Brees much easier.

I don't see us needing to draft another offensive position in the next 2 drafts outside of OG that we actually have a need for. We could possibly grab a RB but unless it is someone like Fournette or McCaffrey then I say no. I wouldn't mind a TE to go along with Fleener making is even more dangerous but still not a need in the near future. Any skill position we draft on offense will just be icing on the cake. We can really concentrate on the defense in the draft now which will also make life on Brees easier.

I think Brees can no doubt play for another 5 years with these weapons but we need to protect him up front. If we can land another stud OG then watch out because it's going to get scary with potentially the most talented offense we have ever put on the field. As long as we can give Brees time up front there is no reason why Brees can't continue to play at an elite level. The great thing about these WRs is they compliment each other so well which we have somewhat previously had but not like this. With another draft to stock up on young talent and what should be a big year in FA for us with the cap room we have we will be serious SB favorites. I definitely see us competing this year but to me it's more of a year to develop some guys and find those last few holes we need to fill and go whip some ***!

I tried to tell y'all when we drafted him that he has a chance to be the best receiver this team has EVER had!! He may not put up Coltson's total numbers since he won't have Drew Brees throwing the ball to him his whole career. I still can't get over the fact that he was still available. If you would of told me before the draft that we would end up with Rankins, Thomas, and Bell, I would of said give me some of what you been smoking. He got off the bus at camp beasting!! Love this cat!! I think this receiver core will be the best we have ever had by a long shot! Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Coleman, and Lewis!!

Right now, if we can fix that offensive line and have a decent running game, I think we can content. You got Cooks into his third year, Snead already in his 2nd year with 1 year of valuable playing experiences, a young athletic tight end, and a now healthy Spiller, sprinkle in Michael Thomas in the mix, the team is capable of having a better offense. But only if that offensive line is fixed.

Now we are getting somewhere. As a Defensive Coordinator, do you match up your best cover CB on the speedster Cooks, who can go deep any play? Or do you put him on Thomas? Pick your poison, you better have several good CB's and a pass rush or one of them is gonna burn you.

And if you happen to cover both of them (good luck with that) Fleener will eat you alive, or one of our backs coming out of the backfield. You best bet is a fierce pass rush because if our QB has time to go through his progressions, someone is going to be open.

Who Dat? Indeed

Edit: OMG, I totally forgot about Snead! You snooze on Snead and you lose. This has to be the most stacked WR corps we have ever had. Good thing too, since ESPN says we don't have a top tier QB, so we need all the good WR we can get to make up for it. Snark. :h8:
Love the edit. Better not forget about Snead IV if you're an opposing DC. Or, better yet, forget about him. :muahaha: Let's face it, folks. Michael Thomas looks legit.

Between Thomas, Cooks, Snead, and Coleman, with Fleener at TE....we are going to have some really nice options this year. I'd imagine with that kind of speed we could really open up the middle of the field for Fleener. Either they respect our speed and open up other players like Fleener/Coleman more or they get torched on 50 Yd bombs frequently....

Somewhat reminds me of the Hurns/Robinson WR stack in Jacksonville that has that potential to torch you. Exciting things ahead!:ezbill:

I read or saw a film clip on that. Meyer was very high on Thomas, a little more reserved about Bell.

There was an interview b4 the draft and it was Bell and Cardale Jones and Jones gave him a hard time. He was asked "what's one of the weirdest questions you were asked". Bell replies "Are you a cat or a dog". To which the reporter retorts "and which one are you" Bell responds "a dog of course"

Cardale Jones right out ask "so you started out lying to teams" and bell kind of freezes up but playfully responds"

Those are the little quirks I look for during draft season evaluations. Now why would Cardale say this if he didn't know his habits or whatever lead him to say that.

I thought it was an interesting exchange and then seeing where you said Meyer was a little reserved on bell and it struck me as odd

I see him being no better than a dime DB and STs this year barring injury.

There were some rookie players on Thursday who showed the game wasn't too big for them...Bell wasn't one IMHO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom