Bright spot: Michael Thomas (1 Viewer)

It's probably too soon to DECLARE anything about MT just yet, but...

From what I saw last night, he not only has the WR skills to Catch the Dang Ball, but his AWARENESS is off the charts.

He seems to know not only where he is positionally, but where the ball is and the game situations!

Being johnny on the spot when Hill got hit to recover the football was further evidence of this.

Geaux MT - Catch That Ball!

It's probably too soon to DECLARE anything about MT just yet, but...

From what I saw last night, he not only has the WR skills to Catch the Dang Ball, but his AWARENESS is off the charts.

He seems to know not only where he is positionally, but where the ball is and the game situations!

Being johnny on the spot when Hill got hit to recover the football was further evidence of this.

Geaux MT - Catch That Ball!

His twitter handle is @CantCoverMike for a reason!!!

The thing that no one is talking about is those acrobatic catches he made last night were all under thrown or off target slightly. He was constantly beating his man and creating separation downfield. If these throws had been on target he might have gone for six!:9:

This kid is quicker, stronger, and faster than most of us thought he'd be.

He looks like the real deal. It's far too early to say this but I'm going to anyway because I'm reckless with my optimism, this guy might be that bonafide, no doubt about it, #1 WR we've been begging for.

In Jeff Ireland we trust?

I was thinking Ireland might be more responsible for picks on the defensive side with Payton going offense. No idea why I think this but apparently I dreamed it up, read it, or just assumed it since Miami was stout on defensive talent under Ireland.

I was thinking Ireland might be more responsible for picks on the defensive side with Payton going offense. No idea why I think this but apparently I dreamed it up, read it, or just assumed it since Miami was stout on defensive talent under Ireland.

I thought I read that Payton has a personal relationship with Urban Meyer and that was how the decisons were made on Thomas and Bell?:scratch:

I thought I read that Payton has a personal relationship with Urban Meyer and that was how the decisons were made on Thomas and Bell?:scratch:

I read or saw a film clip on that. Meyer was very high on Thomas, a little more reserved about Bell.

We indeed have to wait and see how Thomas performs on Sundays, but I can say that to date the guy has been everything advertised plus some. He has the tools and apparently the determination to be the best and I like that in any player. More importantly, at this point is sure seems like the QB's have confidence in him as a rookie, which is not something you see everyday with most rookie WR's. With him and Fleener added to the offensive firepower, I expect Drew to put up league leading or near leading numbers once again this year.

It's one preseason game coupled with camp buzz, but that dude looks legit.

Sean Payton knows what's up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here was Sean Payton&#8217;s reaction on the sideline after Mike Thomas&#8217; made one of his big catches <a href="https://t.co/4vU18tHSot">pic.twitter.com/4vU18tHSot</a></p>&mdash; Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) <a href="https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/764248983556554756">August 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2 High Difficulty catches shows this Rook is a baller !!! Right off the bat this kid is gonna make our team better!!

He looks like the real deal. It's far too early to say this but I'm going to anyway because I'm reckless with my optimism, this guy might be that bonafide, no doubt about it, #1 WR we've been begging for.

If he stays healthy there is no might about it. I was happy we got to pick him in the 2nd round. He was easily the best WR in this draft.

Now we are getting somewhere. As a Defensive Coordinator, do you match up your best cover CB on the speedster Cooks, who can go deep any play? Or do you put him on Thomas? Pick your poison, you better have several good CB's and a pass rush or one of them is gonna burn you.

And if you happen to cover both of them (good luck with that) Fleener will eat you alive, or one of our backs coming out of the backfield. You best bet is a fierce pass rush because if our QB has time to go through his progressions, someone is going to be open.

Who Dat? Indeed

Edit: OMG, I totally forgot about Snead! You snooze on Snead and you lose. This has to be the most stacked WR corps we have ever had. Good thing too, since ESPN says we don't have a top tier QB, so we need all the good WR we can get to make up for it. Snark. :h8:

Thomas offers two big things that this offense really needs:

1. The ability to make the tough catch. High point, jump ball, in traffic, toe tapper, whatever, this guy will make 10+ highlight reel catches this year. Catches that nobody else on this team would (realistically) be able to come down with.
2. He gives the Saints a "X" receiver who can line up on the line, going against the other team's #1 CB, and still be a threat (to some degree, he is a rookie). This allows Payton to move Cooks around wherever he chooses as the "Z", lined up off the line and in motion all over the place.

As long as Brees has time (looking at you Oline), the passing game is going to be just fine. Thomas will win a few and lose a few more while learning the NFL game. But Cooks and Fleener are gonna go b a n a n a s this year.

And bananas is good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom