Saints BRING BACK TED!!!! (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
.. after the BIG DEAL today, i'm all for bringin' TB back.. he knows the system, coaching staff, etc.. and would be the perfect #2 to JW, just like he was for DB.. with all due to TH, he's the swiss-army & nothing more, it's no knock on the man, but the Saints have to have a SOLID 2 @ QB.. just my .02

In Ted I trust!!!! (5-0)

NW.

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
WORD! .. 5-0!!

PS: how can you possibly bag on a man that went 5-0 (think about that for a good second, Drew goes down, TB comes in, NEVER misses a beat) & everybody loved the guy ??.. smh..

NW.
I don't think you're grasping the fact that we all love Teddy but with our cap space situation and what Teddy is making there's just no possible way he can come back this season.

He left us to go get his $ and props to him. He made his choice and unless Carolina cuts him and takes a 20 mil cap hit (ha!) he has to just sit on the bench and count his money. He'll be fine.

B_doggman47

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm torn on this one. I really like TB. We can't afford to trade for him due to his cap hit and they are not going to release him due to big dead money hit they would have to take. So it won't be until next year they could afford to release him. But I sure would like to see him back in the Black "N" Gold again. If JW doesn't work out this season, I could see Teddy making a return.

schuetter

Super Champion
Reaction score
Yes! Let's see how many second and third string QB's we can have on one team! LOVE Teddy, but with the current QB chart, there's just no need/room for him. Hope he catches on elsewhere.

Groovepro

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Washington, La. (but touring nationally mostly)
If in some cheap way he came back to the Saints it would not be a 3 way competition. It would be Bridgewater vs Winston who would then be vying to compete with Hill to be the starter.

Winston and Bridgewater almost cover the same skillset with Winston a stronger arm and Bridgewater more mobility outside the pocket...but both for pocket passers. TB in JW's body would be perfect...LOL.

Hill's other skills that could be added as a QB if he takes that next step as a passer is a different bag of tricks. IF Hill starts, the #2 will see time under center due to scheme's and/or injury.

If TB was in house, I could see him beat out Winston just purely on a game management/understands the system/CSP trust factor...unless JW just progresses IMMENSELY.

What a loaded QB room that would be, though...especially if ended up with being on the uber cheap. IMHO, I think it would lessen Winston's chance to compete. He needs to get as much opportunity and looks with the "1's" as can to see clear progress.

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Man those 5 games in New Orleans sure made him some money.

He is too expensive for us though. Really like the guy though. He was great here as a teammate and did an admirable job when asked to fill in.

Reaction score
I'd rather us spend the energy and cap space somewhere else. A lot of players restructured their contracts to make the cap space work this year. Having asked them to do that, I don't think it's fair to them to attempt to fit Teddy into that picture. He isn't going to bring anything to the team that isn't already on the roster. We already saw what he did for us and in Carolina. The games he won for us were won by the defense not by any kind of a stellar performance from Teddy. He managed games and at best he earned the outrageous salary he made as a backup for us that year. It's time to start identify and build around whoever is going to be our next franchise quarterback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)