Saints BRING BACK TED!!!! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
.. after the BIG DEAL today, i'm all for bringin' TB back.. he knows the system, coaching staff, etc.. and would be the perfect #2 to JW, just like he was for DB.. with all due to TH, he's the swiss-army & nothing more, it's no knock on the man, but the Saints have to have a SOLID 2 @ QB.. just my .02

In Ted I trust!!!! (5-0)

NW.

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
just like bobby hebert going to our rival cant stand him either
So to appease fans of his former team Teddy was supposed to ignore the years of grueling rehab he put in to become a starter the NFL and sit behind Drew again? Nonsense. It's a business and he did the right thing by taking the money. His time in Carolina may not look good on paper, but that offense without a #1 receiver or CMC wouldn't have done great with any QB imo.

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
So to appease fans of his former team Teddy was supposed to ignore the years of grueling rehab he put in to become a starter the NFL and sit behind Drew again? Nonsense. It's a business and he did the right thing by taking the money. His time in Carolina may not look good on paper, but that offense without a #1 receiver or CMC wouldn't have done great with any QB imo.
ye if he stayed with N.O for 7 mill to be a backup instead of taking over 40 million guaranteed from Carolina to be the starter he would of been panned nonstop. Probably from the same people who said he should of stayed.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Why? There’s no benefit other than having a well liked guy on the roster who we would never want to play. Between Jameis, Taysom, and whomever we draft, we’re about to be set at QB in one way or another.

Let him go to a starved team like Chicago

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
.. after the BIG DEAL today, i'm all for bringin' TB back.. he knows the system, coaching staff, etc.. and would be the perfect #2 to JW, just like he was for DB.. with all due to TH, he's the swiss-army & nothing more, it's no knock on the man, but the Saints have to have a SOLID 2 @ QB.. just my .02

In Ted I trust!!!! (5-0)

NW.
Nah. We need to be shooting higher than Teddy Bridgewater for the QB of the future. Winston is a lot more talented, but obviously a risk. If he doesn't work, then it's draft pick time.

JWDtrey3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I agree with Bonchie actually. Roll with what we got and see where we end up. Loved what Teddy did as a backup but as a few others have said our Defense and even special teams really shined in those 5 wins.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Teddy is, IMO, a known quantity at this point. I love him but if I had to pigeon hole a classification it would be an extremely solid backup or a game manager who might win it all with a killer defense and solid group around him. Frankly we have too many unknowns to afford a roster spot to that type. We need to be coaching up a raw but really talented type you get in the later rounds. And I would feel comfortable with a guy like that as backup so Hill could continue his roll because if Winston went down or doesn’t pan out, then this is a growing year anyway (and in truth it likely is one way or the other)

Reaction score
I love Teddy Bridgewater. I'd be happy to see him on the Saints. But not for $17 million/year. If they cut him this year...which they won't...absolutely, bring him in. Otherwise, wait until they cut him next year and bring him in if Winston/Hill doesn't play well.

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
If the same defense was still intact, I'd say bring him back.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Unless Trask falls to us in a mid round pick. Expect it to be Winston - Taysom - Sieman on day one and a probable Practice Squad QB. Possibly Mond or whoever floating around.

Cajun Mike

Clan of dren
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Teddys presence would bring alot to this team. I dont see Carolina keeping him. They probably won't have any choice but to release him dont see any team trading for him especially considering his salary. I wonder what his cap hit is for this year if Carolina were to release him.

Carolina didnt give that haul away to New York for Sam to ride the Bench. From reports ive seen Carolina's chance of salvaging thier relationship with Teddy is slim
Joe Brady better come through! He got the Carolina job because of what he achieved with Joe Burrow! I am gonna leave it at that.

Big_L

Team Big Pimpin'
Reaction score
A certain percentage of this board isn't ready for two black QBs on this team.

I love Teddy as a person, I think with the cap situation and lack of a clear cut number one, we should pass. If Teddy gets cut by Carolina, then sure bring him in on a vet minimum.

sleepingbunch

NOLA/ATX/San Antone Saint
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really think Teddy could be not just a strong backup, but a starting-level quarterback in the right system (run-first offense, conservative playcalling). Don't ask him to make something out of nothing, but he did make all the right throws and reads and didn't turn it over. He was a bad fit in Carolina due to them having no defense and with CMac being out for the majority of the season - a lot was on his shoulders, and I don't think that was good. But he's as good as a prime Alex Smith or Matt Hasselbeck in the right situation, a classic game manager.

I'd love to have him back. He could possibly beat Jameis in a QB competition, and at worst would be one of the better backup QB's in the league also-freeing up Taysom to do the diverse things that he does best

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)