Saints BRING BACK TED!!!! (2 Viewers)

I'd rather us spend the energy and cap space somewhere else. A lot of players restructured their contracts to make the cap space work this year. Having asked them to do that, I don't think it's fair to them to attempt to fit Teddy into that picture. He isn't going to bring anything to the team that isn't already on the roster. We already saw what he did for us and in Carolina. The games he won for us were won by the defense not by any kind of a stellar performance from Teddy. He managed games and at best he earned the outrageous salary he made as a backup for us that year. It's time to start identify and build around whoever is going to be our next franchise quarterback.

just like bobby hebert going to our rival cant stand him either
So to appease fans of his former team Teddy was supposed to ignore the years of grueling rehab he put in to become a starter the NFL and sit behind Drew again? Nonsense. It's a business and he did the right thing by taking the money. His time in Carolina may not look good on paper, but that offense without a #1 receiver or CMC wouldn't have done great with any QB imo.

So to appease fans of his former team Teddy was supposed to ignore the years of grueling rehab he put in to become a starter the NFL and sit behind Drew again? Nonsense. It's a business and he did the right thing by taking the money. His time in Carolina may not look good on paper, but that offense without a #1 receiver or CMC wouldn't have done great with any QB imo.
ye if he stayed with N.O for 7 mill to be a backup instead of taking over 40 million guaranteed from Carolina to be the starter he would of been panned nonstop. Probably from the same people who said he should of stayed.

Why? There’s no benefit other than having a well liked guy on the roster who we would never want to play. Between Jameis, Taysom, and whomever we draft, we’re about to be set at QB in one way or another.

Let him go to a starved team like Chicago

.. after the BIG DEAL today, i'm all for bringin' TB back.. he knows the system, coaching staff, etc.. and would be the perfect #2 to JW, just like he was for DB.. with all due to TH, he's the swiss-army & nothing more, it's no knock on the man, but the Saints have to have a SOLID 2 @ QB.. just my .02

In Ted I trust!!!! (5-0)

NW.

Nah. We need to be shooting higher than Teddy Bridgewater for the QB of the future. Winston is a lot more talented, but obviously a risk. If he doesn't work, then it's draft pick time.

I agree with Bonchie actually. Roll with what we got and see where we end up. Loved what Teddy did as a backup but as a few others have said our Defense and even special teams really shined in those 5 wins.

Teddy is, IMO, a known quantity at this point. I love him but if I had to pigeon hole a classification it would be an extremely solid backup or a game manager who might win it all with a killer defense and solid group around him. Frankly we have too many unknowns to afford a roster spot to that type. We need to be coaching up a raw but really talented type you get in the later rounds. And I would feel comfortable with a guy like that as backup so Hill could continue his roll because if Winston went down or doesn’t pan out, then this is a growing year anyway (and in truth it likely is one way or the other)

I love Teddy Bridgewater. I'd be happy to see him on the Saints. But not for $17 million/year. If they cut him this year...which they won't...absolutely, bring him in. Otherwise, wait until they cut him next year and bring him in if Winston/Hill doesn't play well.

If the same defense was still intact, I'd say bring him back.

Unless Trask falls to us in a mid round pick. Expect it to be Winston - Taysom - Sieman on day one and a probable Practice Squad QB. Possibly Mond or whoever floating around.

Teddys presence would bring alot to this team. I dont see Carolina keeping him. They probably won't have any choice but to release him dont see any team trading for him especially considering his salary. I wonder what his cap hit is for this year if Carolina were to release him.

Carolina didnt give that haul away to New York for Sam to ride the Bench. From reports ive seen Carolina's chance of salvaging thier relationship with Teddy is slim
Joe Brady better come through! He got the Carolina job because of what he achieved with Joe Burrow! I am gonna leave it at that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom