Saints BRING BACK TED!!!! (2 Viewers)

A certain percentage of this board isn't ready for two black QBs on this team.

I love Teddy as a person, I think with the cap situation and lack of a clear cut number one, we should pass. If Teddy gets cut by Carolina, then sure bring him in on a vet minimum.

I really think Teddy could be not just a strong backup, but a starting-level quarterback in the right system (run-first offense, conservative playcalling). Don't ask him to make something out of nothing, but he did make all the right throws and reads and didn't turn it over. He was a bad fit in Carolina due to them having no defense and with CMac being out for the majority of the season - a lot was on his shoulders, and I don't think that was good. But he's as good as a prime Alex Smith or Matt Hasselbeck in the right situation, a classic game manager.

I'd love to have him back. He could possibly beat Jameis in a QB competition, and at worst would be one of the better backup QB's in the league also-freeing up Taysom to do the diverse things that he does best

Last edited:
what in the hell is wrong with you?

I’m not for bringing him back but this has to be the worst post I’ve seen in a decade.

I don't know about you, but I'd love to live in that $40 mil guaranteed rot.

It this what you pay your starting QB if you want to win?

So to appease fans of his former team Teddy was supposed to ignore the years of grueling rehab he put in to become a starter the NFL and sit behind Drew again? Nonsense. It's a business and he did the right thing by taking the money. His time in Carolina may not look good on paper, but that offense without a #1 receiver or CMC wouldn't have done great with any QB imo.
cant stand him

.. after the BIG DEAL today, i'm all for bringin' TB back.. he knows the system, coaching staff, etc.. and would be the perfect #2 to JW, just like he was for DB.. with all due to TH, he's the swiss-army & nothing more, it's no knock on the man, but the Saints have to have a SOLID 2 @ QB.. just my .02

In Ted I trust!!!! (5-0)

NW.

He would cost way to much money. We already have to much invested in at the QB position.

He would have to take a hometown discount, which I don't see him doing.

Teddy still wants to start.

I have heard that he has been allowed to talk to other teams concerning a possible trade however, I don't see anyway they would agree to trade him in the division. If a trade doesn't happen then they keep him for this year and possibly release him after. I just see no chance the Saints would get him this year but maybe next if Winston and or Taysom fails.

I don't see anyway they would agree to trade him in the division.
Why not? It's not like it'd make any team better, and surely they'd love to get a pick from a division rival.

Why not? It's not like it'd make any team better, and surely they'd love to get a pick from a division rival.

The only time I can think it has happened was about 7 years ago when the Eagles traded McNabb to the Skins. That worked somewhat for the Eagles but failed for the Skins. Also teams try to make trades that make sense for both teams and division rivals don't want to do anything that helps their rival. If the team you traded with ends up believing you pulled one over on them the chances of making another trade later with that team or GM if he moves to another team go way down.

How much you willing to bet?
Let me rephrase that. You don’t give that amount of money to a starting QB jou expect to go out and win games for you. If you are saying we’ll tank a year to geta QB we really love ok. But Jameis won’t win you more than5 games as a starter.

Also teams try to make trades that make sense for both teams and division rivals don't want to do anything that helps their rival.

But trading Bridgewater to the Saints is not going to really help the Saints, is it?

Let me rephrase that. You don’t give that amount of money to a starting QB jou expect to go out and win games for you. If you are saying we’ll tank a year to geta QB we really love ok. But Jameis won’t win you more than5 games as a starter.
That’s not true his market value is down and if he wants to get the big bucks it would be smart to run it back in a system you’ve been in for a year already. A team that’s already loaded and still expected to be Playoff Bound with a offensive minded coach that’s developed Romo, Brees into HOF , Hill into a QB and Bridewater to 20 mil a year. Leave that to go where ? When I’m a 5,000 yard passer in a pass happy offense ? I think I’d bet on my self with a Oline and run game something he never had in Tampa but they got for Brady . Offense that lives on underneath and check downs unlike Tampa when he was there it was a air it out , Brady changed that mid season .
Winston will if the Saints address the right pieces win no less than 12 games.
WR, OG, DE,DT, CB,S, LB ,TE all have to be addressed in FA or the draft .

Just Please NO. No and No. We were a team winning those games 2 years ago not a QB wining those games. Lets move on.
I hope him the best but believe drafting a QB and working with the guys we have is the way to go.

JMHO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom