Bring in this Guy to compete for the #2 QB spot... (1 Viewer)

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
College career
In 2003, LeFors became the starting quarterback for the Louisville Cardinals football team. In 2004, he was the quarterback in tandem with Brian Brohm (though LeFors started every game that season and took most of the snaps). LeFors ranks as the 4th all time leading passer at the University of Louisville with 5,853 yards & first in pass completion percentage with 66%. In 2004, he narrowly missed breaking Daunte Culpepper's season-record completion percentage with 73.5 to Culpepper's 73.6. He led Louisville that season to an 11-1 season in which they finished 6th in the final AP Poll (the highest finish in school history) and won the Liberty Bowl. Louisville was the only D-1 school to recruit LeFors out of high school as a quarterback. LeFors was redshirted as a freshman in 2000 and served as a backup to Dave Ragone in 2001 and 2002. In 2003 he took over as a starter, throwing for 3,145 passing yards and 17 touchdowns, and was named 1st team All-Conference USA Quarterback in both 2003 and 2004. He was also named Conference Player of the Year in 2004 and named a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award as a senior. LeFors participated in the East West Shrine Game (college all-stars) and was named Offensive Player of the Game.

Professional career
LeFors was selected by the Carolina Panthers in the fourth round (121st overall pick) of the 2005 NFL Draft out of the University of Louisville. After serving one season in a backup role, he was released by the Panthers in September 2006. LeFors conducted workouts for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, and Denver Broncos but was not offered a contract. In December 2006, LeFors was signed by the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL as an import player. He was the backup quarterback for the team's 2007 season, but had the opportunity to start 5 games at the end of the season because of Ricky Ray's shoulder injury. By the end of the 2007 CFL regular season, Lefors was placed 8th in the league in passing yardage with 1193 yards, as well as 6 TDs and 8 INTs, while completing 60.8% of his passes. He was 7th in QB rushing yardage with 204 yards and 2 TDs. His best performance of the season came in week 18 against Saskatchewan. In a losing effort, he managed to complete 34/48 passes for 412 yards 3 TDs and 1 INT, while scrambling 6 times for 31 yards. Lefors' job as 2nd string QB on the Eskimo depth chart looks to be safe for the upcoming 2008 season.

Personal life
Stefan is married to Joy LeFors and he has a son named Luke. He is a Child of Deaf Adults; both his parents, as well as his brother, Eric, are deaf. His family has been supportive of his athletic career

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_LeFors

Wow!

"LeFors was selected by the Carolina Panthers in the fourth round (121st overall pick) of the 2005 NFL Draft out of the University of Louisville. After serving one season in a backup role, he was released by the Panthers in September 2006. LeFors conducted workouts for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, and Denver Broncos but was not offered a contract. In December 2006, LeFors was signed by the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL as an import player.

Only 8 NFL teams passed on him.

Hmmm, lets give him a shot.

So, are you his mother or grandmother?

ddd

If you guys remember.... we picked Chase Lyman right before Panthers Picked Lefors... I loved this guy in college and I was shocked to see him get cut by the panthers...I think he would be a great back-up or at least raise the bar in training camp...

He's clearly not good enough for the NFL. Just let him go.

Wow!

"LeFors was selected by the Carolina Panthers in the fourth round (121st overall pick) of the 2005 NFL Draft out of the University of Louisville. After serving one season in a backup role, he was released by the Panthers in September 2006. LeFors conducted workouts for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, and Denver Broncos but was not offered a contract. In December 2006, LeFors was signed by the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL as an import player.

Only 8 NFL teams passed on him.

Hmmm, lets give him a shot.

So, are you his mother or grandmother?

ddd

another comedian.... Lefors has the tools and could be great... You obviously didnt watch him in college .....

another comedian.... Lefors has the tools and could be great... You obviously didnt watch him in college .....

I do try to add a little humor to the board now and then, but the last time he played in college is 3 years ago, and he didn't catch on with a pro team.

So, you never answered my question, are you his mother or grandmother?

ddd

so you completely bash the cowboys and those saints fans for wanting zach thomas, yet want lefors? hes a great story and all, but thats about it..

so you completely bash the cowboys and those saints fans for wanting zach thomas, yet want lefors? hes a great story and all, but thats about it..

Comm'on.. your compairing apples to grapefruit.... all I said was bring him in for a looks'see I didnt say cut Brees and sign Lefors..... Good Lawrd !!

The way some people here were crying about loosing Thomas to Dallas you would figure he was a 24 year old Ray Lewis..... the fact is .. Thomas is damaged goods at the far end of his career..... I am in favor of signing Vilma if he passes a physical...

Relax peoples.. all I said was bring him in to compete... he was great in college and a couple years in the CFL may have been just what he needed to turn the corner in the NFL...

I do try to add a little humor to the board now and then, but the last time he played in college is 3 years ago, and he didn't catch on with a pro team.

So, you never answered my question, are you his mother or grandmother?

ddd

Actually he did catch on with a pro team in the CFL.... and FYI I am his stepmother from a third cousin twice removed.....

H&N

Have you watched him in the CFL? He's not very good. I would also like to know how you think we are going to go about 'signing' Vilma, since he's not a free agent.

Have you watched him in the CFL? He's not very good. I would also like to know how you think we are going to go about 'signing' Vilma, since he's not a free agent.

I would think that after we traded for him we would have to "sign" him to a contract... unless he wanted to play for free for us... which would be cool

I have not seen Lefors play in the CFL... so I dont/cant disagree with your post .... but I would like to ask you .. for my own knowledge.. was he that bad in the CFL???

Well he's not the starter and in the playing time he got when the starter was injured he threw more INTs than TDs.... definitely nothing special, nothing NFL worthy anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom