bring on Tre'Quan Smith!!! (1 Viewer)

cazint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This, all day:
Saints have to 'find ways to get' Tre'Quan Smith 'more touches' after slow start to regular season

As a native of Orlando, maybe I'm just a homer, but Tre'Quan was the truth at UCF; the guy just lit it up, bigtime! While some player's success may not translate to the NFL, I simply cannot believe that to be the case with Smith. Check out this vid; his moves are similar to Thomas:

View: https://youtu.be/Zs2IvbqTEZo?t=57s

He plays tough and big, which also reminds me of MT.

Long story short, I was again saddened to see such a prospect wasted on the sidelines, all while Matt Ryan throwing bombs to their rookie WR. Sure, we get it, there is a pecking order and a component of chemistry, but dang, chemistry gets built with throws. We've got to work him in the mix. Really, I view him as a *very* solid #2 (read: above Ginn), once he's given the opportunity.

1. I trust the coaching staff, especially when it comes to wide receivers. They know how to evaluate them, and they know how to coach them. Heck, I think we have the best WR coach in the league (and I'm surprised no one has stolen him away).

2. As for Calvin Ridley and the Falcons, even he was inactive for game 1 -- apparently he wasn't ready.

I believe he'll get worked into the game plan more and more as he develops.

He got zero targets yesterday... I don't know whats going on with him. Anyone analyzing film on his plays? No separation? Not running proper routes? Drew threw to 9 different receivers yesterday. Even Austin Carr got a nice grab. T-Smith, non-existent.

If Ginn keeps dropping the ball, I look for Smith to get more targets.
While I don't want Ginn to keep dropping, you may be right; that may be one of the main ways for Smith to be given a chance.

I totally agree. We are wasting his talent. From what I’ve seen, he catches everything, we just need to throw to him.

Hopefully they’ll install a few plays with him in mind this week.

I said it before in a previous thread. If we can get Smith and Meredith involved in the passing game, we will drop 40+ on every team.

I totally agree. We are wasting his talent. From what I’ve seen, he catches everything, we just need to throw to him.

Hopefully they’ll install a few plays with him in mind this week.

I said it before in a previous thread. If we can get Smith and Meredith involved in the passing game, we will drop 40+ on every team.
Outside of a few mental errors against Cleveland, we seem to be doing that now.

Ginn and Brees have had good chemistry. Yes ginn dropped two passes but he has huge upside on those mistakes. More success than failures. TQS plays ginn spot but ginn is clearly better and more experienced

TQS - and Brees just don't have the chemistry yet.

You need to be 100% in the right spot in your route for Drew to trust you with throwing the ball. They just haven't developed that rapport yet.

Tre'Quan seems like a hard worker, it will come just needs some more practices and we'll see some receptions going his way.

Ginn and Brees have had good chemistry. Yes ginn dropped two passes but he has huge upside on those mistakes. More success than failures. TQS plays ginn spot but ginn is clearly better and more experienced
Those drops by Ginn were terrible. Brees put the ball in his chest and he dropped it anyway. After the second drop, you could tell that Brees was pi$$ed.

I thought he was having trouble with the Saints large playbook. Lining up in the wrong spot, automatically changing his route based on the defensive coverage, etc. I remember him talking about it during preseason games.

I say just give him time. It's only been three games.

I think if the first two games would have gone the way expected , “more comfortable “, He would have been used more

Between Carr , Cam and TQS they each have one catch and Watson has just a handful

I think yall are looking to much into it. Right now we have two extremely hot hands. MT has been so dominate he has 38 on 40 and AK has been killing in the passing game. Nobody has taken that away from Brees yet. We just haven't really needed to "unleash" him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom