Bring PBR’s 99-can family pack and be a Thanksgiving hero (1 Viewer)

Before PBR became a Hipster staple, I generally associated it with the Chicago area. But in Minnesota, Hamm's, Blatz, PBR (cheap, mass quantity beer) seemed to be the norm. Went ice fishing one evening with some friends, and there is nothing like having to bring the beer into the fish house to keep it from freezing on the ice. On the plus side, you didn't need to lug a cooler or buy bagged ice for the beer or your catch. Just needed a plastic toboggan and a snowmobile to tow it. I also learned of the whole 3.2 beer concept (which I think they still have to sell on Sundays).

Does Charleston have a large Hipster community? Or is the recovery room just frequented by a bunch of drunken doctors?

I'd like to get back to the question of the naming of this product.

What "family" drinks 99 PBRs together? I can't decide if I want to party with said family, or stay away. I suspect it's fun for a while but probably doesn't end well.
Ummmmm…..when the Ole Lady goes on a bender and the kids are home....

Does Charleston have a large Hipster community? Or is the recovery room just frequented by a bunch of drunken doctors?

Quality question - and I think the answer is that the Recovery Room is a true dive and probably has a base of regulars, dive-bar alcoholics. I doubt many are doctors. But also, the place seems to have a regular contingent of 20s and 30s types, some of which are hipsters, but also many are that sort of drinker that's common in the South (and elsewhere to be sure) that just spends all weekend drinking beers and carrying on. There's no pretense, just catching buzzes. Their saturdays now are no different than they were 10 years before when they were in college.

But also, I think one of the guys from that show Southern Charm bought the Recovery Room a year ago. Doesn't seem like anything has changed though, still just a drunken dive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom