Bringing 3 y/o to SF game (1 Viewer)

d3cyph3r

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My father-in-law isn't able to go this weekend, so I want to take my wife and 3 y/o son to his first game at the dome. He is going to have to sit on our laps. I just wanted to get any other advice from parents who bring their little guys with them to the games. Should I bring earplugs or not? Sneak in some juice boxes?

I'm letting the wife sit on the outside, so hopefully she'll bring him to the bathroom *fingers crossed on that*. I'm pretty loud i'm afraid I might freak out my son, or damage his hearing :scratch: what do you guys think?

Since he is under 5 I don't have to buy a lap ticket correct? Isn't it 5 and under get in free if they are going to sit on your lap?

Thanks for all the responses, hopefully!

Yep under 5 and able to sit in your lap and they get in free. Juice might be the only option for him, unless you want to have him swigging sugared up lemonade or soft drinks.

My father-in-law isn't able to go this weekend, so I want to take my wife and 3 y/o son to his first game at the dome. He is going to have to sit on our laps. I just wanted to get any other advice from parents who bring their little guys with them to the games. Should I bring earplugs or not? Sneak in some juice boxes?

I'm letting the wife sit on the outside, so hopefully she'll bring him to the bathroom *fingers crossed on that*. I'm pretty loud i'm afraid I might freak out my son, or damage his hearing :scratch: what do you guys think?

Since he is under 5 I don't have to buy a lap ticket correct? Isn't it 5 and under get in free if they are going to sit on your lap?

Thanks for all the responses, hopefully!

No ticket needed. Wouldn't worry about the earplugs either. We've taken our 2 1/2 year old grandson to 2 games so far, and he's been fine. My son and I are loud during the game also :ezbill:

They'll check your wife's bag, so I don't know about the juice boxes... May not be a big deal. You can always call the Saints office for clarification on the juice.

My 2 year-old son comes with me to almost every game. Here's the ritual:

1. Take him to the restroom about 10 minutes before kick-off
  2. Have lolli-pops and other candy in my pocket - you know - ammunition
  3. Buy him a hot dog and drink at the end of first quarter (Dude can down a whole hot dog, by himself, all 26 lbs of him. :hihi:)
  4. Take him to the restroom at halftime
  5. He's sleeping by 11:00 minutes left in the 3rd quarter - EVERY game - no joking
  6. Go home either happy or sad.
I've never used earplugs with him, and he sleeps soundly through every second half. A few "Go Saints", and he's out. Imagine trying to sleep in all that noise - but he does it. Also, from what I understand, 2 & under qualifies for the Babe in Arms deal..... I think you may pay for 3 & older. But seriously, how would they know unless he's a big boy. The people at the gates give you a fake pat-down and tell you to enjoy the game. Good luck.

Thanks for all the good advice. If the experience with him isn't too bad maybe we'll bring him more often, hopefully. As I said in a previous post, I really need to get him out of the house when its just him and his mom watching the game because she teaches him cheerleading cheers. In fact he can't seem to shake a cheerleader favorite "sack that quarterback, defense sack that quarterback." Hopefully this will cure him and bring about more manly cheering! =P

You do have to stop by the ticket office and get him a free "babe in arms" ticket. Don't bring a juice box, but bring two "sippy cups" with drink in them.

I may be in the minority here, but I cringe when I see babies at concerts and football games. The decibel level in the dome is so loud, it can cause irreversible damage to an infant's ear, not to mention the baby crying. At the very least, I urge you to bring something to cover that little guy's ears up.

I may be in the minority here, but I cringe when I see babies at concerts and football games. The decibel level in the dome is so loud, it can cause irreversible damage to an infant's ear, not to mention the baby crying. At the very least, I urge you to bring something to cover that little guy's ears up.

I've been taking my son to sporting events since he was about 5 months old. I started taking him to Brass Hockey games in the NO Arena at 5 months and he was 2 when I took him to his first Saints game. He has perfect hearing as well as a high level of appreciation for sporting events. I highly recommend taking kids to sporting events as soon as you think they are capable of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom