Brink------------new 1st person shooter (2 Viewers)

This just popped up on my Amazon recommendations list. Looks like an April 2011 release. Interesting.

STORY:

Brink takes place on the Ark, a man-made floating city that is on the brink of all-out civil war. Originally built as an experimental, self-sufficient and 100% “green” habitat, the reported rapid rise of the Earth’s oceans has forced the Ark to become home to not only the original founders and their descendants but also to thousands of refugees. With tensions between the two groups growing, Security and Resistance forces are locked in a heated battle for control of the Ark. Which side will you choose?
Blurring the Lines – Take your unique character online at any time you choose! Brink allows you to seamlessly move between your single player campaign, co-op with friends, and intense multiplayer action. Multiplayer takes the story online where you can play with up to seven other people (or AI characters) cooperatively as you take on the opposing faction or with up to 16 players competitively.

http://www.amazon.com/Brink-Playsta..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0N3B41G9N6CMQ631RKD6

can you just tell me exactly what the problem is?? there are at least 5 people that i have played BC2 with on the ps3 who have mics and nobody has ever had a problem

i just think you are doing it wrong

can you just tell me exactly what the problem is?? there are at least 5 people that i have played BC2 with on the ps3 who have mics and nobody has ever had a problem

Are you talking to me? Because I got my headset all hooked up, and got into a squad with Rugger in BC2 and he either couldn't hear me or was ignoring me. Granted, i was quite drunk, but I manage to work the xbox Ok. I think the PS3 is wonky.

I don't really know. I actually haven't even tried to use the headset on the PS3 since just after Uncharted 2 came out. I played God of War III on my PS3, but the headset wasn't necessary. In all seriousness, I can get it to work, but the sound quality is bad, it's hard to hear people over the bluetooth and sometimes people can barely hear me. Then there is the lack of party chat so you can't talk between matches. I'm probably going to just get a wired USB headset to use when Killzone 3 and Twisted Metal come out.

Are you talking to me? Because I got my headset all hooked up, and got into a squad with Rugger in BC2 and he either couldn't hear me or was ignoring me. Granted, i was quite drunk, but I manage to work the xbox Ok. I think the PS3 is wonky.

This. The sound comes in and out sometimes and even when it is working the sound isn't good. Plus, the ease of use factor isn't there. Yes, it should be a simple use of techonology, but it just isn't. There are too many hoops to jump through to get it to work or work properly. It's not just plug and play the way it should be.

It doesn't really improve things.

*sigh*

I was hoping that would solve the problem because I'd really like to be able to play KZ3 and Twisted Metal with people I can talk to. I'd also like to have the option of buying other multiplayer games for the PS3.

i was talking to widge

but maybe you two are just getting old and have trouble hearing something that is right in your ear :shrug:

I don't really know. I actually haven't even tried to use the headset on the PS3 since just after Uncharted 2 came out. I played God of War III on my PS3, but the headset wasn't necessary. In all seriousness, I can get it to work, but the sound quality is bad, it's hard to hear people over the bluetooth and sometimes people can barely hear me. Then there is the lack of party chat so you can't talk between matches. I'm probably going to just get a wired USB headset to use when Killzone 3 and Twisted Metal come out.

i think you just don't want it to work so that you can continue to complain

and you can chat between matches in BC2....it cuts out for about 5 seconds when the map is loading

This. The sound comes in and out sometimes and even when it is working the sound isn't good. Plus, the ease of use factor isn't there. Yes, it should be a simple use of techonology, but it just isn't. There are too many hoops to jump through to get it to work or work properly. It's not just plug and play the way it should be.

lolz....did you really find it hard to sync the bluetooth to your ps3?? after that, you only need to turn it on

i was talking to widge

but maybe you two are just getting old and have trouble hearing something that is right in your ear :shrug:

i think you just don't want it to work so that you can continue to complain

and you can chat between matches in BC2....it cuts out for about 5 seconds when the map is loading

See, the thing is that I'm willing to consider the possibility that I'm just incompetent and don't know what I'm doing when it comes to a particular tech issue. I'm better at tech stuff than the average person off the street, but I don't know everything and am capable of going all grumps old man in regard to technology. buzd on the other hand is fully competent in all aspects of technology and can in fact go all drunk old man and still operate things that I have no hope of ever figuring out. So, the fact that buzd has issues with it too tells me that it's not just because I'm too old to get the techonology.

The truth is that bluetooth doesn't seem to work very well for any applications. It seldom works right for any mobile phone that I tried to use one for (I'm really glad Apple doesn't bother with it on the iPhone and I can just use a wired headset). And I've even had a few mouses that tried to use bluetooth that never really worked right. Part of it is that they lose the pairing all too easily and I think the bluetooth signal is higly vulnerabel to interferrence. It was the hot technology for awhile, but both Microsoft and Apple have more or less abandoned it. When those two agree on something, it has to tell you something.

lolz....did you really find it hard to sync the bluetooth to your ps3?? after that, you only need to turn it on

No, what I found hard is that I had to keep paring the bluetooth to my PS3 because it keeps losing the pairing. And, as you know, there are more hoops to jump through than that. You have to adjust in input and output levels and you have to find a setting buried deep in the menue to tell it to use the bluetooth as output. There may be more, but I don't really recall. Then, after that, they update the system and you have to do it all over again, and it didn't work very well when it did work.

No, what I found hard is that I had to keep paring the bluetooth to my PS3 because it keeps losing the pairing. And, as you know, there are more hoops to jump through than that. You have to adjust in input and output levels and you have to find a setting buried deep in the menue to tell it to use the bluetooth as output. There may be more, but I don't really recall. Then, after that, they update the system and you have to do it all over again, and it didn't work very well when it did work.

i am thinking you just got a crappy bluetooth headset.....

i have had the same one paired with my ps3 for a year and i have never had it lose the pairing with my ps3

and those "hoops" you claim take about 1 minute to jump through and you are done

i am certainly not questioning buzd's l33t tech skillzorz...i just haven't had any of the problems that y'all have

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom