Brit-Kfed\Parcells-Payton (1 Viewer)

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Britney-K-Fed doesn't compare to these splits

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6155172

Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells and Saints head coach Sean Payton: You've seen these couples before. The man completely dominates the chick, tells her she's not worth anything. She's overweight. She can't make it without him. She believes it for years but finally some other guy starts to get into her head and lets her know just how special she can be on her own. Sure, it takes her a while to believe but when she finally gets the courage to move on she thrives.

Spread those wings young Payton! Spread them wide!

Parcells has got to be missing his old flame but Payton probably just looks at his time there — all the nasty verbal abuse, all the name-calling — and smiles. He should open a rescue center for abused coaches to show guys that there are others just like him. You're not alone. Being free has allowed him to blossom like a little flower that couldn't bloom under Parcells' shadow. (Man, is Sean going to love this one!)

I thought Payton and Parcells were friends (as close of friends Bill could ever have).

I thought Payton and Parcells were friends (as close of friends Bill could ever have).

They are. Payton wasn't even an original Parcells hire (Gruden brought him into the NFL and Fassel gave him his first coordinating job).

Payton joined Parcells specifically to prepare himself for a head coaching job. Both knew it. Parcells named Payton Assistant Head Coach (only the second time he's ever done that. The first was Bill Belicheck) to help him prepare. They both knew where it was headed and Parcells assisted Payton in that.

That was about the dumbest article I've read all year.

Where does it say they hate each other? He's just saying Payton can now do what he wants on offense, something Parcells wouldn't let him.

Where does it say they hate each other? He's just saying Payton can now do what he wants on offense, something Parcells wouldn't let him.

The analogy at the top describes an abusive relationship. That usually doesn't happen when people are friends.

the only thiing i recall about these two was someone asked parcells if payton was ready to be a head coach - parcells said " i dont know"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom