Britt Ried... Son of Andy Ried under investigation (1 Viewer)

Moot Point

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
All 3 of his sons have been interns in their dad's NFL gigs (Britt and Garrett at Eagles, Spencer with Chiefs). Pretty standard for coaches sons I guess. Britt moved up into this actual position, though. His only other positions have been 1 year at a prep school and 1 year as a graduate assistant at Temple.

I have my own personal thoughts on the wisdom of this as a parent helping a son to be his "own man".
Yes, you have to wonder because it would seem that if his kids were really worthy and could be trusted to not embarrass him, Reid would have easily been able to use his connections and friendships to have another coach hire them and give them their opportunity.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I thought I remembered that.

But how does a 35 year old get a scrip for Adderall??? And he has access to but we are to think NONE of his players take???

How in the world do you need Adderall to be an assistant LB coach? What am I missing?
It's prescribed for ADD, and allows the user to focus. Adderall is a controlled substance because of the high risk of dependence.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I wonder if coaches keep family on staff in order to keep an eye on them.

Either way, Andy can’t be blamed for his son’s actions unless he personally was the one who got the judge to allow him to keep his license after his prior DUI.

Thoughts and prayers for that young child.

Reaction score
So if a guy in his mid 50s gets caught up in an embezzling scheme, I'm going to make sure to give his late 70s / early 80s parents the side-eye. Never mind the fact that they never stole anything and raised him with those same values. They share a responsibility in this.
Parents are responsible for their children. Doesn’t mean that you have to judge them. We are all guilty

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Donald Sutherland’s greatest role ever (and I will fight the man that says otherwise).
"Here's your chance to be a hero, Oddball"

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on 3 Tigers"

Que Que 6

Rookie
Reaction score
But children are parents responsibility. Of course he has some ownership over his kids having substance abuse issues.
Nope. Not at all. I made a conscious decision to abuse drugs for 17 years. Cosby Show family environment. Everyone, including me, have advanced degrees. Raised in church. Silver spoon in mouth. Not every addict has a sob story. Conscious decision to lead a hedonistic lifestyle.

jessy

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I thought I remembered that.

But how does a 35 year old get a scrip for Adderall??? And he has access to but we are to think NONE of his players take???

How in the world do you need Adderall to be an assistant LB coach? What am I missing?
It’s the most over prescribed drug in America. And chemically, it’s almost identical to Crystal Meth.

Any adult can get it, you say you can’t concentrate, loose focus, add in a little dyslexia; they give you a test and boom, you get a Rx.

Reaction score
So, the girl is still in a coma right now. I understand everyone expecting the Chiefs to cover the costs, but here's the problem:

This isn't just a matter of her current hospitalization. Yes, this is going to be a very expensive hospitalization...but this is probably just the beginning. The little girl has a severe TBI, and with each passing day there is an increased chance that she's going to have residual deficits if she does pull out of the coma. She may have lifelong needs that costs MILLIONS of dollars over her lifetime. So while I'm sure that the Chiefs would love to help this girl and family out...there are some significant legal concerns about assuming guilt in this case.

JWDtrey3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I agree with you and others jayd265. I have seen some of the best parents you could possibly imagine with great values and home life give children every type of support system possible and they still make horrible decisions as adults. I have also seen the opposite. Children raised in some of the worst situations become some of the best people I know and I would never credit their parents for their accomplishments

OP
efil4stnias

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
So, the girl is still in a coma right now. I understand everyone expecting the Chiefs to cover the costs, but here's the problem:

This isn't just a matter of her current hospitalization. Yes, this is going to be a very expensive hospitalization...but this is probably just the beginning. The little girl has a severe TBI, and with each passing day there is an increased chance that she's going to have residual deficits if she does pull out of the coma. She may have lifelong needs that costs MILLIONS of dollars over her lifetime. So while I'm sure that the Chiefs would love to help this girl and family out...there are some significant legal concerns about assuming guilt in this case.
If it is established he was NOT "on the clock" , then there is no liability there and they can certainly help out in any effort to fund raise for the girl.

However, if that car he was operating is registered to anyone but him, they best get an attorney. ( and if KC Chiefs or any "holding company" of theirs owns, surely will make it hard for them )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom