Britt Ried... Son of Andy Ried under investigation (1 Viewer)

So, the girl is still in a coma right now. I understand everyone expecting the Chiefs to cover the costs, but here's the problem:

This isn't just a matter of her current hospitalization. Yes, this is going to be a very expensive hospitalization...but this is probably just the beginning. The little girl has a severe TBI, and with each passing day there is an increased chance that she's going to have residual deficits if she does pull out of the coma. She may have lifelong needs that costs MILLIONS of dollars over her lifetime. So while I'm sure that the Chiefs would love to help this girl and family out...there are some significant legal concerns about assuming guilt in this case.

I agree with you and others jayd265. I have seen some of the best parents you could possibly imagine with great values and home life give children every type of support system possible and they still make horrible decisions as adults. I have also seen the opposite. Children raised in some of the worst situations become some of the best people I know and I would never credit their parents for their accomplishments

So, the girl is still in a coma right now. I understand everyone expecting the Chiefs to cover the costs, but here's the problem:

This isn't just a matter of her current hospitalization. Yes, this is going to be a very expensive hospitalization...but this is probably just the beginning. The little girl has a severe TBI, and with each passing day there is an increased chance that she's going to have residual deficits if she does pull out of the coma. She may have lifelong needs that costs MILLIONS of dollars over her lifetime. So while I'm sure that the Chiefs would love to help this girl and family out...there are some significant legal concerns about assuming guilt in this case.

If it is established he was NOT "on the clock" , then there is no liability there and they can certainly help out in any effort to fund raise for the girl.

However, if that car he was operating is registered to anyone but him, they best get an attorney. ( and if KC Chiefs or any "holding company" of theirs owns, surely will make it hard for them )

If it is established he was NOT "on the clock" , then there is no liability there and they can certainly help out in any effort to fund raise for the girl.

However, if that car he was operating is registered to anyone but him, they best get an attorney. ( and if KC Chiefs or any "holding company" of theirs owns, surely will make it hard for them )

I think that the Chiefs would be fine for contributing. I don't think the Reid's would like to go down that path. But I don't think that that many people realize that this is not just a drop in the bucket. The idea of the Chiefs "covering the costs" is honestly a little bit unrealistic in my opinion. We could be talking about millions of dollars here. It would be a really nice thing to do...but I don't think I'd EXPECT an organization to do that, especially considering that they aren't at fault.

The liability falls with the Chiefs for hiring REid's son who had a history of DUI and stuff. Yes..alll liability should be on the Chief's organization. More than likely, the Chiefs will handle this as a big undisclosed lump sum most likely in the millions.....This will not get to court. Pray that the girl survives and that Reid gets some help he needs .

What would you do if a teenage child murdered a neighbor? No signs of trouble before it happened. I know someone this happened to. Their teenage child just snapped one day and strangled someone. Are the parents at fault? I think not.

I think most parents would feel at least partly responsible. I know I feel my kids actions are a direct reflection of me and how I've raised them. I do realize kids make mistakes and the older they get the more consequences those mistakes seem to have. I just hope I've done my job correctly and my kids can limit those mistakes.

When he has multiple kids with significant troubles, you do start to wonder about the upbringing. Sometimes people legitimately have bad seeds. Poor DNA or something. But Andy Reid seems like such an incredible person. As big as he is, he still comes across as 'gentle' to me.

Thinking of all the times the camera caught him sitting down on the bench next to Mahomes during his rookie year if he had just come out or had a bad series. Like he would be a wonderful dad.

His explanation on why he signed Vick was honest. Saying that he had a son who was in trouble and that he'd want someone to give his son a second chance.

He's endearing and likable in the truest sense of the word. It doesn't make sense that his kids were/are so screwed up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom