Brittany Brees says Drew played with torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in foot, and the broken ribs + collapsed lung in 2020 (1 Viewer)

I think this is a wife who probably, in her heart of hearts, wanted her husband to retire last year and whose husband has promised her he will retire this year. She just, like us, wished he could have gone out on a higher note and is having her man's back. I think the injuries are scaring her too much and I completely understand that.

I think this is exactly the case. As a father and husband myself, the events of the past year also put things in perspective. I was rocked by the Kobe thing as I'm sure a lot of fathers were. Then throw in Covid, all the riots, the death threats the Brees family received, along with Drew's serious injury...and I think they reassessed and decided it was time to move on. I expect they will have moved to San Diego by the end of the year.

Lack of taysom and latavious murray had me questioning this game. Power run game was off the table. Certainly kwon alexander being out didn't help either.
Deonte harris neck i(re)njury in the game certainly didn't help.

This team for years has also perform poorly when it should be easy win.. since we dominated 2 previous games.

I think whatever QB we get will have a chance with the fans, because we aren’t NY Jets fans. Brees hasn’t been The Franchise in years now, it’s been other great players carrying the team. So if a Jameis or someone can step up I think we embrace it. Hell I was embracing Bridgewater last year and was hoping he would’ve been signed and Drew retires last season.

Torn rotator cuff? Dude sit out and get your surgery or whatever you need to heal up and let someone else play QB and the defense rally behind them during the end of the regular season and playoff run. Did Brees hurt the teams chances by staying in? Obviously his passes were not going deep due to the injury I assume. Brees could have run that trick play if he could go deep accurately. Winston being the one throwing it had nothing to do with Smith being open. Kamara drew 4 defenders to him. Just saying if the injuries are being used as the excuse for a bad performance then staying in the game out of pride or whatever cost us. I would rather someone healthy who might give us a better chance.
I was about to make this a Thread by itself this deserves more attention Drew selfish

Great guy but old guys should not play in a physically combative league like the NFL. If this was the 80's Brees would have retired years ago. When he goes we can stop drafting an OL in the first or second round yearly to protect and undersized OB with no mobility. Hey I still love the guy but facts is facts.

I don’t know what your preferred QB solution is post Drew but of the two other QBs that have seen action for us this season both of them have had their respective turnover issues. Taysom is largely fumbling, but definitely has issues with pulling the trigger in multiple moments this season some of which lead to fumbles. One only needs to look at Jameis last year in Tampa to see what an average at best o-line paired with a bunch of deep routes gets you, and if you’re disappointed now you would be a lot more disappointed after a season like that. Of course Jameis isn’t even guaranteed to be on the roster next season at this point.

On another note, I think most would agree AK is the most dynamic weapon on our offense at this point, and the Saints gave him a solid contract so of the course the obvious solution to that is to stop investing in the guys that make his job easier and prolong his career.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom