Brittany Brees says Drew played with torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in foot, and the broken ribs + collapsed lung in 2020 (1 Viewer)

Just adding something to think about.. if she wanted him to retire, would she have Tweeted that? It doesn't sound like a laundry list of complaints. It sounds like a laundry lists of reasons why he should heal up rather than retire.

I hope you're right, but it also could be a woman simply getting tired of hearing what a washed up scrub her husband is.

Even with his laundry list of issues, the team had a seven-point lead late in the third quarter and was across midfield until typical Saints playoff nonsense happened.

I hope you're right, but it also could be a woman simply getting tired of hearing what a washed up scrub her husband is.

Even with his laundry list of issues, the team had a seven-point lead late in the third quarter and was across midfield until typical Saints playoff nonsense happened.
Mannnnn seriously??? Washed up scrub. Did you not read op

I'm going to take a different perspective on this and probably get a lot of flak.

If he did play with those injuries, which clearly limited his ability to move around and throw passes, then shame on him and his ego. We have two very capable QB's that can win games and overall the team is 8-1 without Drew. They might be ugly wins, but they're wins. He should've benched himself until he was fully healed and allowed TH or JW to play. I don't believe the coaching and medical staff had it in them to make that decision for him and some of the blame falls on them as well.

Drew has done a lot of this team and city, but in his last few years his ego and unchecked competitiveness has costs us a few SB's.

Drew hasn’t played at a level to enable us to win it all in the post-season since 2017. He’s tough as a two-dollar steak, for sure, and he may well have been inhibited by an assortment of injuries this year, but it would be foolish to think that if he just allowed these injuries to heal he could come back at 43 - if indeed that is the inference we are being invited to draw.

Rest up and enjoy retirement with your family Drew, you’ve earned it.

And people were out here crying over him not throwing 60-yard daggers every little while.

You act as if he were doing that any point over the last four seasons. I mean, he was barely doing that when he had a live arm. Nobody was asking for that, but all anyone realistically wanted to see more throws in the 30+ yard range. We needed to make teams fear us deep, and he couldn't do that - in 2017 or 2020. Even then, it begs the question, why was he playing in the first place? If you're that badly injured you shouldn't be on the field regardless of how much you want to play. If only for your own health.

I don't really understand how you can say people were crying over something when they didn't know anything was wrong with him. For all any of us knew, his arm was simply shot (which I still believe is.).

I'm going to take a different perspective on this and probably get a lot of flak.

If he did play with those injuries, which clearly limited his ability to move around and throw passes, then shame on him and his ego. We have two very capable QB's that can win games and overall the team is 8-1 without Drew. They might be ugly wins, but they're wins. He should've benched himself until he was fully healed and allowed TH or JW to play. I don't believe the coaching and medical staff had it in them to make that decision for him and some of the blame falls on them as well.

Drew has done a lot of this team and city, but in his last few years his ego and unchecked competitiveness has costs us a few SB's.

post of the day. Thanks 💯 agree.

post of the day. Thanks 💯 agree.
Really? This is 100% garbage. Taysom Hill was not the answer, sure we won some games when he was in but if you call beating a QB less Broncos team or the vaunted 4-12 Falcons a feather in his cap. Heck he even got out Taysomed by Jalen Hurts. He fumbled the ball 11 times and threw 2 picks. No way are we competitive against the Chiefs or Vikings with him in the game. Jameis Winston was merely nothing more than 3rd string, or do you think he could sign late with the Saints, with NO training camp, and lead us to a deep playoff run with basically "spitballing" offensive plays.
Brees was the best and only chance we had. PERIOD

Tough as nails. But also further confirmation that Brees' body is hanging by a thread and that he needs to retire.

If he had those injuries in the Tampa game, he should not have been playing at all. If he did and CSP played him like that in the Tampa game, he and Drew need to both retire.

Really? This is 100% garbage. Taysom Hill was not the answer, sure we won some games when he was in but if you call beating a QB less Broncos team or the vaunted 4-12 Falcons a feather in his cap. Heck he even got out Taysomed by Jalen Hurts. He fumbled the ball 11 times and threw 2 picks. No way are we competitive against the Chiefs or Vikings with him in the game. Jameis Winston was merely nothing more than 3rd string, or do you think he could sign late with the Saints, with NO training camp, and lead us to a deep playoff run with basically "spitballing" offensive plays.
Brees was the best and only chance we had. PERIOD
Yeah, really. I’m sorry it doesn’t fit your agenda, but if Brees was THAT hurt, he should not have been in the game. That’s on the coach for playing him still. No, the other QBs wouldn’t have lit things up, but they would have done no worse than a torn up Brees.
one fact is for the last 2yrs, a backup QB on our team Has won 8 out of 9 games. Just by putting Winston in after the trick play, the running game would have opened up by sheer respect for the deep ball. Sure we could have still lost, but he gave us that spark that taysom gave us in last seasons playoff game.

I figured he had more injuries than just his ribs based on this picture. You can see the protection also on his shoulder. Anyway, I want Brees to heal up and enjoy life in retirement. He hasn't been able to play 2 full seasons and the injuries are only getting worse. It's time for the next generation to take over.

Screenshot_20201227-133723_Instagram.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom