Brittany Brees says Drew played with torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in foot, and the broken ribs + collapsed lung in 2020 (1 Viewer)

If this is the case and he makes a FULL recovery from the rotator cuff (which would be why he couldn’t throw to save his life) I’d be interested to see where his distance and accuracy is at this summer.

I hope the people in his life who care about him convince him it’s over and to move on with his head held high.

If he comes back, it will be like watching one of Elvis Presley’s last concerts in the 1970s.

I'm curious about exactly when he sustained these injuries, and if they ever healed. It's enough for that little voice in your head to say, if he can stay healthy, maybe one more year - but the other voice says that he'll get injured again and it'll just delay the inevitable.
As for the rotator cuff, it can take awhile. I had the surgery in September 09 and it still hurts a little.

Torn rotator cuff? Dude sit out and get your surgery or whatever you need to heal up and let someone else play QB and the defense rally behind them during the end of the regular season and playoff run. Did Brees hurt the teams chances by staying in? Obviously his passes were not going deep due to the injury I assume. Brees could have run that trick play if he could go deep accurately. Winston being the one throwing it had nothing to do with Smith being open. Kamara drew 4 defenders to him. Just saying if the injuries are being used as the excuse for a bad performance then staying in the game out of pride or whatever cost us. I would rather someone healthy who might give us a better chance.

You act as if he were doing that any point over the last four seasons. I mean, he was barely doing that when he had a live arm. Nobody was asking for that, but all anyone realistically wanted to see more throws in the 30+ yard range. We needed to make teams fear us deep, and he couldn't do that - in 2017 or 2020. Even then, it begs the question, why was he playing in the first place? If you're that badly injured you shouldn't be on the field regardless of how much you want to play. If only for your own health.

I don't really understand how you can say people were crying over something when they didn't know anything was wrong with him. For all any of us knew, his arm was simply shot (which I still believe is.).

I'm so over this "we NEEEEEED passes over blah blah blah yards" narrative every time the Saints have a loss.

Aaron Brooks could not only throw a beautiful deep ball, but was a legit running threat when he needed to be, and still could usually only get us 8 wins a year. Was that entirely his fault? Of course not. But that's still what happened.

The (false) narrative continues to be "teams know how to defend us too easily". Really? Then why arent we back to being 7-9, or worse, again?

"Oh, well the good teams know how to do it come playoff time", people love to say. That's funny, because it didn't work out that well for Tampa in the first two games. If it's so easy to do, why did it take them three games to figure it out? I'll give them credit for one thing: if they learned nothing else from 38 to 3, it's that Jared Cook wasn't beyond putting it on the carpet at bad times.

Just adding something to think about.. if she wanted him to retire, would she have Tweeted that? It doesn't sound like a laundry list of complaints. It sounds like a laundry lists of reasons why he should heal up rather than retire.

I think she is just letting everyone know how much her husband gave of himself for his fans, teammates, and city. Still no doubt in my mind that he is retiring.

I don't know...A lot of people here are saying "why not play someone's healthy to give us the best chance to win?" Well Brees did play and he did gave us the best chance to win and was winning up till Cook fumble late in the 3rd.

I'm curious about exactly when he sustained these injuries, and if they ever healed. It's enough for that little voice in your head to say, if he can stay healthy, maybe one more year - but the other voice says that he'll get injured again and it'll just delay the inevitable.

he will be close to 43 in 2021 season.

Healing properties of the body do not get BETTER with age. They diminish. so listen to that second voice.

He has nothing left to prove. Quality of life should be priority number one for him and his family.

I'm going to take a different perspective on this and probably get a lot of flak.

If he did play with those injuries, which clearly limited his ability to move around and throw passes, then shame on him and his ego. We have two very capable QB's that can win games and overall the team is 8-1 without Drew. They might be ugly wins, but they're wins. He should've benched himself until he was fully healed and allowed TH or JW to play. I don't believe the coaching and medical staff had it in them to make that decision for him and some of the blame falls on them as well.

Drew has done a lot of this team and city, but in his last few years his ego and unchecked competitiveness has costs us a few SB's.
Are you serious? I don't believe Drew did it for his own ego; he did it to win us some games. Because of his tough nature, I do believe he came back a bit early, but it didn't cost us games. We tried but we couldn't overcome all the injuries that we had this season.

Well so maybe it had nothing to do with age after all but more about injuries. He really did take some nasty hits this season. Thanks Peat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom