Brittany Brees says Drew played with torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in foot, and the broken ribs + collapsed lung in 2020 (1 Viewer)

I would think all of these injuries, coupled with the fact that he almost retired last season, would push him to hang it up and enjoy the family. In some of his interviews after his rib/lung injury, he looked a bit scared/rattled. I think that injury alone may have sealed his decision.

Meh, this changes nothing. He's going on 43 and two consecutive seasons of sitting out. It's not like we didn't know he was a warrior who wouldn't do anything to help. No one is questioning Drew's integrity or heart, it's just time to hang up his cleats.

I hope the people in his life who care about him convince him it’s over and to move on with his head held high.

If he comes back, it will be like watching one of Elvis Presley’s last concerts in the 1970s.

Totally agreed, he is done and we need to move on....

I think she is just letting everyone know how much her husband gave of himself for his fans, teammates, and city. Still no doubt in my mind that he is retiring.

That's exactly what she is doing. After settling down over the loss a bit. I bet there aren't many players that would have even played with the injuries both Brees and MT had. You can question the coaches decision to play them but you can't question their heart or toughness....

Nobody questions the toughness or determination of DB. He can manage a game but just doesn't have the arm strength anymore regardless if he;s battling injuries or not. In the playoffs the last few years, defenses have loaded the box and dared DB to throw more than 20 yards. He can't stretch the field. Wish him the best

We really should have played Winston vs the Bucs. He would have been highly motivated and could get the ball down the field as we saw on the one pass he threw.

I hope you're right, but it also could be a woman simply getting tired of hearing what a washed up scrub her husband is.

Even with his laundry list of issues, the team had a seven-point lead late in the third quarter and was across midfield until typical Saints playoff nonsense happened.
"typical Saints playoff nonsense"

Man, so true. And so . . . sucky.

And people were out here crying over him not throwing 60-yard daggers every little while.

Nobody was complaining about the reason...only that his inability to throw downfield was incredibly detrimental to the team. I love Brees, and perhaps he was still the best that we had even considering the circumstance, but I don't think that anyone could deny that Brees was an enormous factor for not advancing the past two seasons. I'd still be happy to see him at the park.

This should anger folks. This isn't one of those "wow what a competitor"situations. This should make you think...wow he gave up a spot on the team to play hurt and it cost us

"Cost us"

That's cute how people think Winston or Hill were going to lead us to a title.

Seeing all these beer bellies who couldn't jog on a treadmill for more than about 2 minutes before stopping to gasp for air while having such scathing opinions of Drew Brees and Michael Thomas in recent days is getting silly.

This should anger folks. This isn't one of those "wow what a competitor"situations. This should make you think...wow he gave up a spot on the team to play hurt and it cost us

He didn't give up anything, if it is physically possible to play even limited and in pain, great players are always going to play....period.....if you are going to be angry, be angry at the coaching staff, you know, the guys who decide who is going to play....

As a 48-year old active competitive athlete with moderate injury history (3 surgeries related to sports and multiple less severe injuries over 20 years), it is very difficult to recover fully from injuries such as the ones Brees sustained. I still feel injures suffered 8 + months ago that have since healed-up to some degree.

Even taking several months off from training to recover and rehab, Brees would almost certainly be impacted performance-wise at this age. He would be functional, but not top-level which is required to maintain health and performance through the 2021 season. Recovery time for us older folks is not nearly on the same level as someone in their 20's- at least naturally (using anabolic steroids or other drugs to help speed up recovery is a different story). Especially if surgery is required.

His mind may be saying "one more season", but I can guarantee you his body is saying "hell no Drew".

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom