Brittany Brees says Drew played with torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in foot, and the broken ribs + collapsed lung in 2020 (1 Viewer)

Hopefully they were all listed on the injury reports.

Was the tear in his throwing arm? If so, that's unbelievable that he was even throwing at all. 😬

I can't imagine it was on his throwing arm, if so that is insane...even if it was partial. The picture someone posted earlier in the thread looks like some type of pad on this throwing shoulder but not sure if it is related or not. He and Morestead had color rush jerseys so if that was it then it had to be after the week 9 win at Tampa Bay.

I'm curious about exactly when he sustained these injuries, and if they ever healed. It's enough for that little voice in your head to say, if he can stay healthy, maybe one more year - but the other voice says that he'll get injured again and it'll just delay the inevitable.
It will be further decline if he returns. At a certain point your body starts to send signals, which you ignore at your own risk :hihi:

I wouldn’t want him to go out like that, but I won’t be selfish. If he thinks he can heal and has another year in him, so be it. If not, thanks for the memories, enjoy retirement and your family.

This is very upsetting. Between this and MT not disclosing their injuries, 1) they let the team down. This is similar to Hasslett and AB 2) the NFL is going to fry our arses
NFL should shut the blank up. All the crap they’ve done and have allowed to happen...

NFL should shut the blank up. All the crap they’ve done and have allowed to happen...
Sure, but we deserve this bit of it. We completely sold out the rest of our team because of loyalty. You don’t think other guys deserved a solid chance to win?

Sure, but we deserve this bit of it. We completely sold out the rest of our team because of loyalty. You don’t think other guys deserved a solid chance to win?
Brees and company thought this was the best chance. I believe them. The playoffs would still be ongoing if not for the boneheaded plays of the block in the back negating a TD and Cook’s fumble. Both completely changed the game, even after overcoming the two disastrous first drives ending in only 6 points.

Brees and company thought this was the best chance. I believe them. The playoffs would still be ongoing if not for the boneheaded plays of the block in the back negating a TD and Cook’s fumble. Both completely changed the game, even after overcoming the two disastrous first drives ending in only 6 points.
Brees threw multiple ints. And couldn’t get the ball more than 3.9 yards a pass. Winston or even Hill would have provided a better chance for us. Thomas was only good as a prop and nothing more. Their play hurt us more than helped.

This is very upsetting. Between this and MT not disclosing their injuries, 1) they let the team down. This is similar to Hasslett and AB 2) the NFL is going to fry our arses

Who said they weren't disclosed?

The team reports injuries that threaten a player's availability. If teams listed every injury that possibly affected a player's performance, half or more of the players would be on the list. Teams do what the league requires them to do, and I'm sure the Saints did that.

Kind of naive to think that the only injuries any of the players were dealing with were the few listed on the injury report.

Who said they weren't disclosed?

The team reports injuries that threaten a player's availability. If teams listed every injury that possibly affected a player's performance, half or more of the players would be on the list. Teams do what the league requires them to do, and I'm sure the Saints did that.

Kind of naive to think that the only injuries any of the players were dealing with were the few listed on the injury report.
Pretty odd to think that given the rash of injuries that Brees was playing through, none of them would be disclosed or reported until now. Either way, to think that Brees in that state provided the Saints with the best chance to win is just asinine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom