Brittany Brees says Drew played with torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in foot, and the broken ribs + collapsed lung in 2020 (1 Viewer)

Payton, Drew, and MT let the other 50 guys on the roster down.

Yeah....let's have a moment to reminisce, with that 90s country song "What Might Have Been" playing in the background.....to celebrate the first round playoff exit we would have had and the Super Bowl trophy we would not have gotten courtesy of Taysom Hill and/or Jameis Winston.

Yeah....let's have a moment to reminisce, with that 90s country song "What Might Have Been" playing in the background.....to celebrate the first round playoff exit we would have had and the Super Bowl trophy we would not have gotten courtesy of Taysom Hill and/or Jameis Winston.
Will Brees or Thomas be hitting play on that jukebox to celebrate our 2nd round exit? I really would love to get the temperature in the locker room now that this news is out there. And honestly, I don’t know how this news helps anyone. Now we have the league’s eyes on us, teammates know that they didn’t have the best product out there, who can trust who. I mean, the guy replacing Drew was already behind the 8 ball replacing a legend, not he has to deal with this.

I'm going to take a different perspective on this and probably get a lot of flak.

If he did play with those injuries, which clearly limited his ability to move around and throw passes, then shame on him and his ego. We have two very capable QB's that can win games and overall the team is 8-1 without Drew. They might be ugly wins, but they're wins. He should've benched himself until he was fully healed and allowed TH or JW to play. I don't believe the coaching and medical staff had it in them to make that decision for him and some of the blame falls on them as well.

Drew has done a lot of this team and city, but in his last few years his ego and unchecked competitiveness has costs us a few SB's.
So Drew made the decision to put himself back as starter after the Philly game, not Payton? Payton probably did make the wrong decision, based on our two most competitive opponents (KC and TB). You can't blame the player for wanting to play; the buck stops on the coach's desk.

Brees and company thought this was the best chance. I believe them. The playoffs would still be ongoing if not for the boneheaded plays of the block in the back negating a TD and Cook’s fumble. Both completely changed the game, even after overcoming the two disastrous first drives ending in only 6 points.
Yep, and all the interceptions and fumble didn’t matter.

So Drew made the decision to put himself back as starter after the Philly game, not Payton? Payton probably did make the wrong decision, based on our two most competitive opponents (KC and TB). You can't blame the player for wanting to play; the buck stops on the coach's desk.
Indeed. That is why I Liken this to an injured Brooks staying in when a healthy Delhomme was riding the bench. It stops with the coach, and imho, as much good as coach has done for this team, this ain’t it.

That's the definition of toughness... or craziness. Just imagine how that hit by Hicks felt. With all those issues, the guy probably shouldn't have even been playing. Props to him for toughing it out and going for it all one more time. His performance obviously suffered, but his receivers didn't help him all too much either. Had we known he was dealing with so much, I wonder what the general consensus would have been. Stick with him, or try a young/healthy Jameis? Who knows how that would've panned out either.

Regardless, Brees is a tough, determined guy. Glad we've had the pleasure of watching him play for so long. I hate that he isn't what he once was and will probably retire with just one ring, but he gave it a heck of a try, for so long. GOAT.

Indeed. I thank Drew and Michael for all that they have done for this team over their careers. They both showed that they are tough as nails, and exactly the type of guys you want with you when you are in a darky ally, but this Sunday wasn’t it. Especially after seeing Jameis hit Smith in stride.

Brees threw multiple ints. And couldn’t get the ball more than 3.9 yards a pass. Winston or even Hill would have provided a better chance for us. Thomas was only good as a prop and nothing more. Their play hurt us more than helped.
Do you understand how averages work? He had numerous passes over 3.9 yards...and it’s hilarious how so many posters think Winston or Hill would have given us a better chance to win. An injured Brees is still better than 75% of the starting QBs in the NFL.

Do you understand how averages work? He had numerous passes over 3.9 yards...and it’s hilarious how so many posters think Winston or Hill would have given us a better chance to win. An injured Brees is still better than 75% of the starting QBs in the NFL.
As we saw Sunday night, an injured Brees is not good enough to be counted on when the defense is doing everything possible to stop a high powered offense. Brees was good enough to keep one team in the game, and sadly it wasn’t the Saints.

No one can tell Brees he can’t play, but himself. Every year the team motto is to win another SB for Drew. If Drew wants to play hurt, then let him. It’s possibly his last season and he’s earned the right to go out on his own terms.

I won’t like the fact if he decides to come back for 2021, but I’ll support him as QB if he does just for the simple fact of everything he has given New Orleans.

Will Brees or Thomas be hitting play on that jukebox to celebrate our 2nd round exit? I really would love to get the temperature in the locker room now that this news is out there. And honestly, I don’t know how this news helps anyone. Now we have the league’s eyes on us, teammates know that they didn’t have the best product out there, who can trust who. I mean, the guy replacing Drew was already behind the 8 ball replacing a legend, not he has to deal with this.

That would be Jared Cook hitting the play button for the second round exit.

If the mantra was truly Super Bowl or Bust, I can understand why Brees and Thomas would try to do all they could.

And I'm fairly certain teammates knew exactly what was going on.

you have no idea what Winston would have done, just speculating on it based on the love for Brees. I know the 1play he was in, he outshined Brees’ whole game. At this point Drew is definitely not better than 75% of starting QBs. Top 15-20 would generous at this point in his career. All I know is that Winston came of the bench cold, threw it to his receiver IN STRIDE on the money. We haven’t seen in stride in a couple seasons with Brees. I see receivers slowing up, stopping to wait for it.

I can only assume the coaches didn't know because if they did, it was very irresponsible to start a quarterback with even a partially torn rotator cuff, because it is so integral with throwing, especially when by the time of the playoffs we had two other quarterbacks with starting experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom