Brittany Brees says Drew played with torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in foot, and the broken ribs + collapsed lung in 2020 (1 Viewer)

That would be Jared Cook hitting the play button for the second round exit.

If the mantra was truly Super Bowl or Bust, I can understand why Brees and Thomas would try to do all they could.

And I'm fairly certain teammates knew exactly what was going on.
What, did the quarter that Brees was going to put in the machine get stolen by someone?

I can only assume the coaches didn't know because if they did, it was very irresponsible to start a quarterback with even a partially torn rotator cuff, because it is so integral with throwing, especially when by the time of the playoffs we had two other quarterbacks with starting experience.
I can see Winston completing that long pass and his teammates (knowing about Drew’s limited abilities) saying “yeah, let’s keep rolling with Drew.” Lol.

I agree with you, I don’t think anyone outside of Brees and Sean knew about the injury. And now that we all know about it, it’s understandable why folks are upset.

I'll assume you took a bathroom break during the obvious turning point of the game.
I actually saw the Cook fumble, but it was only 1 fumble. 1 fumble or 1 int is something you can overcome, 3 turnovers is much tougher to overcome. Either way, they both let us down. I’m waiting for Cook or one of his close family members to come out and say he was playing through injuries, to absolve his poor performance.

I actually saw the Cook fumble, but it was only 1 fumble. 1 fumble or 1 int is something you can overcome, 3 turnovers is much tougher to overcome. Either way, they both let us down. I’m waiting for Cook or one of his close family members to come out and say he was playing through injuries, to absolve his poor performance.

Pretty sure Cook had a hand (literally and figuratively) in one of those three interceptions.

Anyway, if the Saints go up 10 or 14 on that drive, pretty obvious to most that Brees wouldn't have been in the same passing situations he later was forced into.

I hope you're right, but it also could be a woman simply getting tired of hearing what a washed up scrub her husband is.

Even with his laundry list of issues, the team had a seven-point lead late in the third quarter and was across midfield until typical Saints playoff nonsense happened.
Yup. Looking at you Cook. We possibly go up by 14, maybe just 10 but that fumble changed the game for worse.

Pretty sure Cook had a hand (literally and figuratively) in one of those three interceptions.

Anyway, if the Saints go up 10 or 14 on that drive, pretty obvious to most that Brees wouldn't have been in the same passing situations he later was forced into.

Cook's fumble was horrendous. The INT was also Cook's fault. Ball was without a doubt catchable considering it hit him in both hands without any sort of crazy stretch. It was literally the vintage Brees' back shoulder throw. Cook just didn't fight for it. Winning contested catches are kind of what highly paid receivers are expected to do in the playoffs. He had a chance to makeup for the fumble, but instead sealed the loss.

"Cost us"

That's cute how people think Winston or Hill were going to lead us to a title.

Seeing all these beer bellies who couldn't jog on a treadmill for more than about 2 minutes before stopping to gasp for air while having such scathing opinions of Drew Brees and Michael Thomas in recent days is getting silly.
Andy Reid is amused at the metric you are using

Not on injury report.

And with all that, if Cook wasn't to fumble...

If this news is true then I am very frustrated in general.

I get not wanting to sit a legend in his last year, but Payton should have went with Jameis in my opinion. Our team (especially defense) was very talented and deep, that has proven it can win without Drew. Throwing a 42 year old QB with those type of injuries severely limits the offense, thus hurting the team.

Jameis would have at least kept the defense honest, with Kamara doing work in the run game.

Yup. Looking at you Cook. We possibly go up by 14, maybe just 10 but that fumble changed the game for worse.

Exactly.

If Brees had thrown an interception on that particular play, we would be having an entirely different discussion.

Instead we have a growing number of thin-skinned, flaky fans trying to say that Brees "let the team down" by playing.

That would be Jared Cook hitting the play button for the second round exit.

If the mantra was truly Super Bowl or Bust, I can understand why Brees and Thomas would try to do all they could.

And I'm fairly certain teammates knew exactly what was going on.

That last part especially. These guys are all fairly close to one another, probably more so in a year like this one. Sure some of the super young guys might not have heard it directly from the horses mouth but to think they didn’t know there was more to the story than what the media reported Drew and CGM were dealing with is pretty ridiculous. Same with Kamara last year. Now whether they agreed with sticking with either guy through that or not is another story but I don’t think this is any surprise to them, and most of them probably feel like both of those guys earned the right to play through whatever they believe they can play through.

If this news is true then I am very frustrated in general.

I get not wanting to sit a legend in his last year, but Payton should have went with Hill or Jameis in my opinion. Our team (especially defense) was very talented and deep, that has proven it can win without Drew. Throwing a 42 year old QB with those type of injuries severely limits the offense, thus hurting the team.

I think Payton didn’t do his job in putting the team in the best position to be successful, if Taysom started that playoff game I believe we win. The defense played amazing, all we needed was a ball control offense without turnovers, Taysom’s legs with Kamara would have got the job done.

Taysom didn’t play at all so why would he have been able to start and play the full game instead of Drew?

Also the fumbles have been a real issue for Taysom this season. A turnover is a turnover, we literally can’t know what would’ve happened had Taysom started but you can make the same argument for having him and Murray available at all, or either/both CGM or Drew at 100%, etc.

I noticed before several games this year when Drew was shown warming up his throwing motion looked different than it had ever before. Like he was cocking his arm only 3/4 of the way back. I guess that explains it. Anyone else notice that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom