Broadcast showing Saints' play calls (1 Viewer)

TheRamboTX said:
Did anyone notice how often the broadcast of last week's game showed the Saints' play calls? I counted ten times that they showed either Sean or Rob calling a play in or showed Drew discussing the photos.

I didn't see them do this even once with the Falcons.

I had noticed this happening before last year, but I kept telling myself that I must be imagining it. This time, I went back and watched the broadcast and kept count.

Sean surely knows from watching games all last year that the broadcast sometimes shows the play being called in, so he must not think that anyone could read his lips enough to know what the call is - or that it wouldn't matter even if people could read his lips. However, it still makes me nervous when they do show it - especially when the play winds up getting stuffed!

i remember seeing them showing ryan going over pictures and stuff

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Why would they show Atlanta's play callers? They aren't very exotic type plays - run it or dump it off to S. Jackson, throw it to Roddy after he has pushed off his D-back, Julio for a bomb down the sideline, Gonzalez for a 3rd down catch or over the goal line for a 4th and goal. Rinse and repeat.

Exactly. All you'd see is them sharing an etch-a-sketch.

I remember them showing the Falcons looking at overhead pics at least once.

Looking, yes...but not discussing. I don't think looking gives anything away. However, commenting on the photos to others can give information.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom