Broken Cell Phones.. buy new, renewed, repair? (1 Viewer)

Hold on - it's not RAM, it's storage. The iphone 11 has 4GB of RAM.

you passed. I will continue to weigh your advice on tech issues.

lol, I have to stop posting tired.

anyway I went from a norm of about 150 per phone to 800. So it was a huge leap for this dude. I just always had many devices and didn't feel the need to have a computer in my pocket at all times. Not sure I could go back now though.

Had my work iPhone screen replaced from ifixandrepair, when it finally dawned on me and realized why that phone was so quirky, I was outside the repair warranty. The screen was either depending on the day, ultra sensitive or not sensitive at all, sometimes a white backlight would stay on for 5 minutes when I would put the phone down and the speaker phone sucked a big one. My fault on not returning and having it fixed correctly, as it was my work phone and I would use my personal unless I had to call or answer a call from the client, wasnt until one of my colleagues sitting next to me in a war room saying man your phone sucks.

I dropped it off an hour ago, should be done before I get off of work. We shall see...

Another plus is that my screen won't have the text keys burned in anymore (for a while, at least).

I think with phones in the $750-1000 price range, repair is a much more viable option, so long as the phone companies don't make them bricks via software.

You can get a brand new S8 on ebay for $235-250. A brand new S9 is $290.

The brand new just released Pixel 4a is $349.

The OnePlus 7t is $399.

Why pay this much to get old phones repaired when there's all these new devices out at prices similar to the repair costs of your old phone?

Motorola has several, OnePlus, pixel, Samsung even Apple. The mid tier phone market is blowing up.

my pixel 3 had an issue where pressing on the screen caused it crack (apparently a known issue with the first few batches). google repaced it free of charge.

day i get it back, i drop it on uneven tile while trying to fix the screen protector. it's been cracked ever since. i just gave up.

i've owned numerous phones and this is the only one i've ever cracked. i swear it is possessed.

My wife dropped her S8+ when it was less than two weeks old. We (that would be me) found a guy who put in a new screen. Might have been about $150 total. Bought a great case after that. On your particular issue, I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade. We both still have our S8+'s and I think if one of us destroyed out phones it would be upgrade time.

I'll continue fixing my Note 8 until T Mobile sells mid-range phones that take advantage of all of their signals. Currently, the only phones that they have that use all of their signals are the S20 5G phones which are not cheap.

I'm completely sold on iPhones, will never go back to Android. My Galaxy phone would update randomly and leave wondering if my phone was broke, it was glitchy when charging the phone also. iPhones have great compatibility with all the other Apple products and the GPS on the iPhone is the best I seen.

Before I went to Apple, I dropped my Galaxy phone in the garage, and the screen cracked. Thought it was a pretty cool design to be perfectly honest. For a cheap fix, I used clear boxing tape to keep in operation for about three months, but people kept on commenting that my screen was cracked.

1597293699279.png

Anyone use T-mobile? I'd think with the sprint merger, they might be better than the rest.

Metro by T-mobile works good. Why pay more for T-mobile?

Why pay this much to get old phones repaired when there's all these new devices out at prices similar to the repair costs of your old phone?

Motorola has several, OnePlus, pixel, Samsung even Apple. The mid tier phone market is blowing up.
Multiple reasons.

1. I dont like a lot of those phones. Pixel 4a no SD card expansion is a deal breaker for me. I dont know anything about one plus.

2. Most of the samsung phones I like are still pushing $500 or up.

3. I dont really trust Ebay. But those prices make a fair point to get new.

4. I want to update later at better price points. My now repaired phone will be a good hand me down for my 14 yr old in a couple months.

I'm completely sold on iPhones, will never go back to Android. My Galaxy phone would update randomly and leave wondering if my phone was broke, it was glitchy when charging the phone also. iPhones have great compatibility with all the other Apple products and the GPS on the iPhone is the best I seen.

Before I went to Apple, I dropped my Galaxy phone in the garage, and the screen cracked. Thought it was a pretty cool design to be perfectly honest. For a cheap fix, I used clear boxing tape to keep in operation for about three months, but people kept on commenting that my screen was cracked.

1597293699279.png

Metro by T-mobile works good. Why pay more for T-mobile?
T mobile has a 4 for $25 each deal going on that makes them cheaper than metro.

Multiple reasons.

1. I dont like a lot of those phones. Pixel 4a no SD card expansion is a deal breaker for me. I dont know anything about one plus.

2. Most of the samsung phones I like are still pushing $500 or up.

3. I dont really trust Ebay. But those prices make a fair point to get new.

4. I want to update later at better price points. My now repaired phone will be a good hand me down for my 14 yr old in a couple months.

Fair points except for trusting Amazon over eBay. On some deals eBay is more trustworthy.

I know the owner of ubreakifix. Good guy. They do good work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom