Broken laptop screen (1 Viewer)

sthomas1124

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
My laptop screen got cracked a few days ago. It started out as a small chip similar to what you would see in your windshield but has started to spread further and further. How hard is it to change a screen and would it be better to just send it in to get fixed?

My laptop screen got cracked a few days ago. It started out as a small chip similar to what you would see in your windshield but has started to spread further and further. How hard is it to change a screen and would it be better to just send it in to get fixed?

I don't think it's horribly difficult, but for the effort and expense comparison, it may be easier to send it in.

You can pick a screen up on eBay for $100ish and change it yourself. It is real easy. Go to youtube and search for a video on how to do it. Save yourself about $100. Let me know if you need more info.

You may not need a video. Most of the major makers offer support docs detailing how to remove and replace parts.

However, buzd is right in some respects, some of them arent necessarily that easy to change out.

LAPTOPS ARE A PIA to work on period, changing out a hard drive adding/upgrading memory new dvd drive no problem it's getting to the stuff that is unreal. Tell me why so many micro screws

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom