Broncos cancel practice bc of positive Covid test (Update: No new positives Broncos to practice Saturday) (1 Viewer)

#broncos quarterback Jeff Driskel will be placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.

The Broncos have worked with the league and Drew Lock is not considered a close contact and can continue to practice

i think we are in the early stages of what will be the real test on the NFLs Covid mitigation measures. The medical experts said as far back as May that you can’t have a fall/winter sport outside of a bubble without significant disruption or cancellation.

With cases climbing due to the colder weather and the holidays which typically include gatherings -it seems like we are seeing now what the experts warned of months ago.

I think as long as you don’t have a situation like in Baltimore (where a staff member ignored protocols and spread the virus) you can possibly keep things manageable by isolation and facility closures - but I fear we might see a huge spike in players with the virus in the next 4-7 days due to Thanksgiving.

When and if that happens, the league has a huge task on their hands to keep the season from going off the rails.

Reading about what happened with the Ravens. Sounds like NFL and Ravens both broke their own rules. This story with the Broncos will also set things back. Sure don't want the Saints going up there for a Sunday game and then have the NFL "postpone" the game until Monday or Tuesday, and then make the Saints travel on a short week to Atlanta. That would not surprise me at all.

i think we are in the early stages of what will be the real test on the NFLs Covid mitigation measures. The medical experts said as far back as May that you can’t have a fall/winter sport outside of a bubble without significant disruption or cancellation.

With cases climbing due to the colder weather and the holidays which typically include gatherings -it seems like we are seeing now what the experts warned of months ago.

I think as long as you don’t have a situation like in Baltimore (where a staff member ignored protocols and spread the virus) you can possibly keep things manageable by isolation and facility closures - but I fear we might see a huge spike in players with the virus in the next 4-7 days due to Thanksgiving.

When and if that happens, the league has a huge task on their hands to keep the season from going off the rails.

Is Baltimore going to be facing heavy penalties? Seems like the only time the idea of penalizing a team came up was with the Saints, alone in their OWN locker room.

Yet we see fragrant abuses of the rules by teams resulting in positives that put families and players at risk, and NOTHING.

Is Baltimore going to be facing heavy penalties? Seems like the only time the idea of penalizing a team came up was with the Saints, alone in their OWN locker room.

Yet we see fragrant abuses of the rules by teams resulting in positives that put families and players at risk, and NOTHING.
The issue is that the league opted to not punish the Titans, even after they had a non-sanctioned practice after the league shut down the facility for a Covid compliance investigation. So if they didn’t punish for that, they likely won’t come down hard on the Ravens — unless, the game gets cancelled. Because that’s lost revenue and the league throws down the hammer for costing them money.

Unfortunately it's just a matter of time before Covid starts hitting the Saints. Hopefully it isn't key players and I really hope the organization is focusing on keeping the players distanced from each other in the coming weeks. Having one or two players (even if key players) isn't the concern, it's when you see an entire position unit get hit that it can derail a team.

Unfortunately it's just a matter of time before Covid starts hitting the Saints. Hopefully it isn't key players and I really hope the organization is focusing on keeping the players distanced from each other in the coming weeks. Having one or two players (even if key players) isn't the concern, it's when you see an entire position unit get hit that it can derail a team.

Not necessarily. There are ways to prevent getting COVID, then prevent spreading it. Medical professionals have been doing this since February. It appears that Payton has run a very tight ship regarding COVID. You could tell his frustration with Sanders getting it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom