Broncos reach 1-year deal with Rodgers-Cromartie (1 Viewer)

BodyofBreesus

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Broncos reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Eagles CB Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/312031329237737472">March 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Don't know how big of a deal this is but I remember some people on here saying they liked him for us. Reminder they just signed Welker and I'm betting that they land a nice FA RB as well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Avril and DRC deals have to be eye-openers for agents/players. Cold water. Tough market.</p>&mdash; gregg rosenthal (@greggrosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/312033768816926720">March 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

DRC took a one year deal? What gives? :spit:

I would assume he thinks he is better than the offers he got. Hs young enough it would be better to sign a one year deal and try the market again rather than get locked into a below-value long term deal through your prime. If you have the confidence for that. DRC strikes me as someone who does.

Tracy Porter did the same thing with the Broncos last year however. You see how well that worked out for him.

By the way, you all noticing how the stupid money is finally getting flushed out, and the contracts are getting progressively more reasonable?

DRC is meh, the real-deal Cromartie is in NY (Jets). When he is on the market, then it will be a big deal.

I would assume he thinks he is better than the offers he got. Hs young enough it would be better to sign a one year deal and try the market again rather than get locked into a below-value long term deal through your prime. If you have the confidence for that. DRC strikes me as someone who does.

Tracy Porter did the same thing with the Broncos last year however. You see how well that worked out for him.

By the way, you all noticing how the stupid money is finally getting flushed out, and the contracts are getting progressively more reasonable?

The market is beginning to settle. I thought it wold take longer than this but it dried up quick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Avril and DRC deals have to be eye-openers for agents/players. Cold water. Tough market.</p>&mdash; gregg rosenthal (@greggrosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/312033768816926720">March 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

This tweet is exactly why I'm glad we didn't make any high priced signings in the first couple days. We can get some serious bargains.

Still some teams who need to spend money just to get to the salary cap floor, so there are a few dumb contracts left, but it is starting to settle down quickly.

2013 NFL Cap Tracker

Cool link, thank you. The Bengals sure are taking their time.

The Broncos are gearing up for the real deal in 2013

They were the "real deal" in 2012 and fell flat.

The biggest issue they have is an underachieving Peyton Manning come playoff time. He has a career 9-11 record, far from his near 70 % winning pct in the regular season. He helped his team score only 17 points vs a suspect Ravens defense playing at home. And that was in nearly 5 quarters of play. That just isn't getting it done. Btw, in the regular season, he guided his offense to 24 points in just the first 3 quarters alone in a blowout win vs this same Ravens team. When the bright lights come on in the playoffs, Peyton wilts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom