Broncos: Saints' Hill at QB both a blessing and a curse (1 Viewer)

Assuming Hill gets the start. You just never know with Payton.

I said this back when Taysom was playing in pre season games.

They didn’t change the offense for Taysom. They just ran the offense with a few designed runs for him.

That’s what will make him a nightmare to defend.

He can be a Traditional QB under center or rip off a big run at any point.

He can and will be special. If he can just be consistent and hold onto the ball.

Vic is right.
The smile on Drew’s face said it all Sunday. He was proud to see what Taysom was able to do. You just know Brees gave him some tips on how to run this offense to perfection and Taysom executed it. That’s what I saw and you can’t tell me different 😃

Or maybe its nothing personal with Hebert specifically and more that his defensive units were some of the best defenses in the league during that period yet couldn't even win a playoff game because of mediocre, unimaginative offenses and Hebert was the leader of those offenses for most of those years.

Well, we have a defensive experienced head coach. Moreover, we didn't have a lot of players to have an imaginative scheme. Our best WR was Eric Martin who was like Colston only slower.

----

The smile on Drew’s face said it all Sunday. He was proud to see what Taysom was able to do. You just know Brees gave him some tips on how to run this offense to perfection and Taysom executed it. That’s what I saw and you can’t tell me different 😃

The way Drew has adopted his understudies will only enhance his legacy. Should Taysom take over and achieve success we all know the game callers are going to repeat how Taysom was tutored and molded by Brees in every game for years. Same story with Bridgewater and maybe Winston.

Brees is a cut above.

Last edited:
I found this quote interesting as he was the LB coach for the Dome Patrol when Bobby Hebert was playing QB. He left him out (rightly so, but still). :shrug:

definitely appears that the slight was intentional since he went out of his way to show he knew the Saints QB history but left out the one during his era. Frangió is a capital D. I played golf with him at Belle Terre once. Not a decent guy at all

I found this quote interesting as he was the LB coach for the Dome Patrol when Bobby Hebert was playing QB. He left him out (rightly so, but still). :shrug:
And rightfully so. All we needed was Bobby to be just above average, but he wasn’t. No offense to any Bobby fans out there, but he was the weak link. Just my $.02

And rightfully so. All we needed was Bobby to be just above average, but he wasn’t. No offense to any Bobby fans out there, but he was the weak link. Just my $.02

i don’t disagree with the assessment of Bobby but we were also short on weapons. I loved Eric Martin but we were not competing with Rice, Taylor and Co. And as for Fangios slight, it just seems unnecessary

Well, we have a defensive experienced head coach. Moreover, we didn't have a lot of players to have an imaginative scheme. Our best WR was Eric Martin who was like Colston only slower.

----
Our offensive scheme under Mora and OC Carl "Bozo" Smith was about as creative as the instructions for watching paint dry.

i don’t disagree with the assessment of Bobby but we were also short on weapons. I loved Eric Martin but we were not competing with Rice, Taylor and Co. And as for Fangios slight, it just seems unnecessary
No one had the likes of Rice, Taylor, etc, but it also didn’t help that Bobby was wildly inaccurate and mistake prone. How is someone supposed to reach their full potential if someone can’t get them the ball?

No one had the likes of Rice, Taylor, etc, but it also didn’t help that Bobby was wildly inaccurate and mistake prone. How is someone supposed to reach their full potential if someone can’t get them the ball?
I don't remember him being "wildly inaccurate." I do remember our receivers rarely got "open" like other teams receivers did. Our best receiver was Eric Martin, then it was Brenner and Tice. (TEs).

Our offensive scheme under Mora and OC Carl "Bozo" Smith was about as creative as the instructions for watching paint dry.

Exactly.

---

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom