Broncos: Saints' Hill at QB both a blessing and a curse (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting read

DENVER (AP) — Listen to Vic Fangio and you’d never guess the Broncos were preparing to face a quarterback making just his second career start as the New Orleans Saints’ Taysom Hill is expected to do Sunday at empty Empower Field.

Blessing, he won't be at RB, TE, WR or ST
Curse he will be at QB

Last edited:
Interesting read

Fangio and the Denver D versus Payton and Taysom Hill. It should be interesting, but the more intriguing matchup for me is Dennis Allen and the Saints D versus Pat Shurmur (Vikings offensive coordinator of the "Miracle in Minneapolis") and Drew Lock.

I said this back when Taysom was playing in pre season games.

They didn’t change the offense for Taysom. They just ran the offense with a few designed runs for him.

That’s what will make him a nightmare to defend.

He can be a Traditional QB under center or rip off a big run at any point.

He can and will be special. If he can just be consistent and hold onto the ball.

Vic is right.

I was looking forward to a Deonte vs. Diontae showdown. Maybe next time.

“If he keeps it up the way he played last week, he’ll be considered the third best quarterback in Saints history behind Drew Brees and Archie Manning,” Fangio declared.

I found this quote interesting as he was the LB coach for the Dome Patrol when Bobby Hebert was playing QB. He left him out (rightly so, but still). :shrug:

After reading about a Bucs player possibly having a career-ending neck injury, DH can chill while Callaway & AK can do returns.
I agree with your broader point, but unless you mean that we're going to get the state of Alaska to return kicks, I don't want any AKs on the Saints near any kick or punt returns.

I said this back when Taysom was playing in pre season games.

They didn’t change the offense for Taysom. They just ran the offense with a few designed runs for him.

That’s what will make him a nightmare to defend.

He can be a Traditional QB under center or rip off a big run at any point.

He can and will be special. If he can just be consistent and hold onto the ball.

Vic is right.
But that was the first game. You know Payton has added this week. Those outs and such that had been removed you know are going back in

Must have been some bad blood between he and Herbert. Both Herbert and Brooks were better than Manning based on records and stats alone.
Or maybe its nothing personal with Hebert specifically and more that his defensive units were some of the best defenses in the league during that period yet couldn't even win a playoff game because of mediocre, unimaginative offenses and Hebert was the leader of those offenses for most of those years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom