Brownie, you’re doing a heck of a job. (1 Viewer)

V Chip

Truth Addict (aww ^&%$ I got a head rush)
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Close enough to ATL to smell the stink of Falcons
Ex-FEMA director mocks Superdome blackout | The Lookout - Yahoo! Sports

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Someone just told me there was fighting going on in the NOLA Superdome. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23shocked">#shocked</a></p>&mdash; Michael D Brown (@MichaelBrownUSA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelBrownUSA/status/298227231765958656">February 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
First class guy, that Brownie.

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This guy should have died in a fire a long time ago.
He will be metonymically associated with "gross incompetence" for years. Poster child for the under-qualified. Punchlines to jokes about government reliability. Walking definition of "it's who you know, not what you know" in politics. The ambulatory, personified metaphor for the disastrous Hurricane Katrina response.

These things won't be forgotten.

Let him have his little virtual playground where retweets by knuckle draggers and mouthbreathers constitute something meaningful. His repeated displays of small-mindedness is exactly why he was never the man for the job. Or any job. And why he'll never even bother to try and make amends for what he did. So there's no hope of any contrition and he'll never do a single thing to try and repair any of the damage he was responsible for.

And that self-involved, tone deaf egocentrism means he'll never realize any of this.

But everyone else will.

That means something. More than Brownie realizes.

He won't be the one writing his epitaph. That legacy is beyond his control so long as he's fighting these battles and claiming victories of self indulgent cleverness.

So I hope he continues and takes solace in his fiddling, completely oblivious to the inferno that is his reputation, burning wildly behind him.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He will be metonymically associated with "gross incompetence" for years. Poster child for the under-qualified. Punchlines to jokes about government reliability. Walking definition of "it's who you know, not what you know" in politics. The ambulatory, personified metaphor for the disastrous Hurricane Katrina response.

Let him have his little virtual playground where retweets by knuckle draggers and mouthbreathers constitute something meaningful. His repeated displays of small-mindedness is exactly why he was never the man for the job. Or any job. And why he'll never even bother to try and make amends for what he did. So there's no hope of any contrition and he'll never do a single thing to try and repair any of the damage he was responsible for.

And that self-involved, tone deaf egocentrism means he'll never realize any of this.

But everyone else will.

He won't be the one writing his epitaph. That legacy is beyond his control so long as he's fighting these battles and claiming victories of self indulgent cleverness.

So I hope he continues and takes solace in his fiddling, completely oblivious to the inferno that is his reputation, burning wildly behind him.
I almost figured out how to get on Twitter just so I could post this as a response to him, but I'm too stupid.

Someone with a little more sense should do him and the rest of us the honor of posting this so he can read it.

Assuming that he can, in fact, read.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This guy and Iraq are the main reasons the Bush Administration is considered such a failure.
"Among the many reasons are such diverse elements as Mike Brown, the Iraq war, unregulated speculation on Wall Street, rolling blackouts and..."

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
"Among the many reasons are such diverse elements as Mike Brown, the Iraq war, unregulated speculation on Wall Street, rolling blackouts and..."

fought two wars, and a huge entitlement program all unfunded. Gotta balance that budget because its important.

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
who the heck put that idiot on the radio and who the heck is listening to him? unbelievable.

OP
V Chip

V Chip

Truth Addict (aww ^&%$ I got a head rush)
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Close enough to ATL to smell the stink of Falcons
He's getting a dig at New Orleans, that when anything bad happens the New Orleanians turn to fighting and savagery. Surprised he didn't say rapin' and killin'!

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's getting a dig at New Orleans, that when anything bad happens the New Orleanians turn to fighting and savagery. Surprised he didn't say rapin' and killin'!
Thanks.

Well, I guess we shouldn't be shocked that his comment is a day late.

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score

But everyone else will.

Thanks for teaching "metonymy" to me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom