Browns cut Paul Kruger (1 Viewer)

Yeah, my mistake:

Kruger signed with the Cleveland Browns to a five-year $40M contract on March 12, 2013.
On March 14, 2013, Lewis signed a five-year, $26.3 million contract with the New Orleans Saints.

We got it all sorted out now, so let's all put down the clubs and tridents, and play it cool.

It seemed as though you were to be impaled on a stake.

^ correct. I too remember a push to sign him, but I think the Browns offered more money. Memory is vague about the last bit

You are right. The Saints made a good offer but the Browns basically overpaid because they had a lot of cash available. This is what Holder wrote back then:

"New Orleans pushed hard for Kruger, according to a source familiar with the talks, so much so that the final two teams in the race were the Saints and the Browns. Cleveland's price was higher than where the Saints were willing to go, so Kruger ended up with the Browns."

Isn't he one of those guys with a "non-stop motor" and a very "cerebral" player. I hear he makes up for his lack of athleticism with "great instincts". I also remember him being described as "scrappy" an a "lunch pail type of guy". We should see if we can use him for depth.

Isn't he one of those guys with a "non-stop motor" and a very "cerebral" player. I hear he makes up for his lack of athleticism with "great instincts". I also remember him being described as "scrappy" an a "lunch pail type of guy". We should see if we can use him for depth.

Yep. Very intelligent player. Does all the little things right.

So, how about that Kruger signing?

Kruger, james laurinaitis and Roman Harper walk into a bar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom