Browns cut Paul Kruger (1 Viewer)

Savage...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/74ZN0Zdibv">pic.twitter.com/74ZN0Zdibv</a></p>&mdash; Paul Kruger (@pkruger99) <a href="https://twitter.com/pkruger99/status/770245769106493440">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kruger went with Cleveland over us and then we signed Keenan Lewis. Byrd was the following year.

Man tell me how we lost out on Kruger? If he was a free agent in 2013 and Byrd in 2014?? Man get the facts right before you write something

We lost out on Kruger to Cleveland in 2013. We made a push for him, but he chose to sign with Cleveland over us. That is how we lost out on him.

We signed Byrd in 2014. My post was to correct those that thought our front office chose to sign Byrd over Kruger, which is incorrect. My facts are fine. My communication could have been better. Your jump to attack me was misguided, man.

Yeah, my mistake:

Kruger signed with the Cleveland Browns to a five-year $40M contract on March 12, 2013.
On March 14, 2013, Lewis signed a five-year, $26.3 million contract with the New Orleans Saints.

We got it all sorted out now, so let's all put down the clubs and tridents, and play it cool.

Kruger is 6'4, 270. That's about 20lbs heavier than Edabali and a much more proven track record as an NFL starter. Kruger can play the run much better than Edebali at this point and would be a definite upgrade at DE opposite Cam Jordan. If we can afford him, this move would make a ton of sense, and help both our pass rush and run defense.

We wanted Kruger badly, if I recall correctly. I remember it being tweeted during the free agent legal tampering period that we were making a strong push.

^ correct. I too remember a push to sign him, but I think the Browns offered more money. Memory is vague about the last bit

Yeah, my mistake:

Kruger signed with the Cleveland Browns to a five-year $40M contract on March 12, 2013.
On March 14, 2013, Lewis signed a five-year, $26.3 million contract with the New Orleans Saints.

We got it all sorted out now, so let's all put down the clubs and tridents, and play it cool.

Word. Things get testy when the Saints aren't playing up to expectations!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom