Browns' Gregg Williams insists Sean Payton didn't try to run the score up on him in 2016 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1536995266339.png

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

BEREA, Ohio -- Gregg Williams insists there's no bad blood between him and Saints coach Sean Payton over Bountygate, despite the fact Payton seemed to run the score up on Williams the last time they met, a 49-21 victory over the Rams on Nov. 27, 2016.

"No. No, no, no,'' Cleveland Browns defensive coordinator Williams said Friday. "Sean and I are very good friends, and there are still a lot of people in that organization [I know]. I think Sean is, if not one of the best, the best coach I have ever had a chance to work with. He and I are friends for life. We'll walk together for life with a Super Bowl trophy.

"There are still several guys on the staff that were on my staff down there, too. The thing about Sean is Sean is looking to score the ball every time he has the ball. That's our job, and there's no 'run the score up' in the National Football League. No. That's not what the games are about.''

Full Article -- Cleveland.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom