N/S Browns rookie who bluffed way into workout returns a punt 86 yards for a TD (1 Viewer)

jdpower13

The french guy
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Great story of a guy making the most of his opportunity :
A little more than a week ago, Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi was sleeping outside. It was just him, his two bags and a patch of grass in Miami, Florida.
He was spending his nights getting as much rest as he could outdoors, just steps away from renowned NFL Combine trainer Pete Bommarito's facility, where Sheehy-Guiseppi had spent his last $200 on training services. He did so because he had no other choice: His workout with the Browns, perhaps his one and only shot at the NFL, was a week away.

Thanks so much for posting. A street guy takes his last $200 to a trainer to get ready for a tryout with the Browns and in his 1st game played, he returns a kick 80 plus yards for a TD. I don't know if I've ever seen a team that happy except for winning a SB. Great story!!!

Gotta admit... that kind of thing can create some great team chemistry, unity, and motivation.
I couldn't be happier for that kid. Hopefully he'll get a real shot with some team to complete the dream! :9:

Reminds me of the story of James Fenderson and how he made it to Hawaii. Ended up as team MVP his senior year and made our team the same year we had Deuce, Ricky, and Chad Morton.

I read the initial story on this guy back in the spring. Amazing persistence just to make it onto a roster. All of us can relate to a story like that, due to Michael Lewis and such. I hope he makes it and I hope good things for Cleveland in general. We can also relate to enduring a whole lot of losing, too, can't we?

I think most of you can guess who MY sentimental favorite is in the AFCN.

Hint: Lake Erie.

:gosaints:
Sure. We used to be that team. We can all identify with their history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom